Day Time Running Lights

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
darrylh

According to the wiring diagram, DRL uses the same fuse and wire as the high beam.
When ignition is switched on, the in-line DRL module applies a lower voltage to the h7 Hi beam bulb.
When headlights switch on, the DRL module just connects the normal Hi-beam 12V circuit.

So it seems not possible to disable DRL's unless you unplug the H7 Hi beam.
gaww

Then possible an on-off switch in-line with the circuit would be OK. Your lights will be off, but as it turns dark, should be easy to remember to turn it back on.
darrylh

An auto electrician can easily put a 12v relay circuit in line, so that only when the full 12v is applied (Hi beam on) it will connect to the circuit.
I should have thought of that first. :idea:
Last edited by darrylh on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NJKizashi

purpleanga wrote:
NJKizashi wrote:How do I turn these Friggs Off ??
My Line of Work...(Insurance Fraud) I tail & Follow people in their cars all the time..I want to be a little less obvious and turn these guys off..is it a simple fuse..or is it a more complicated/electrical process ?? :?:

Thanks Guys !!
A real Kizashi fan! You needed a car with no DRLs for your work but you still bought the Kizashi. :lol:
Very True...I test Drove the Kizashi & Loved it...so it didn't matter that it had the DRL's....Plus I wanted to be the only guy in my town with a Kizashi 8-)
bcb

NJKizashi wrote:How do I turn these Friggs Off ??
My Line of Work...(Insurance Fraud) I tail & Follow people in their cars all the time..I want to be a little less obvious and turn these guys off..is it a simple fuse..or is it a more complicated/electrical process ?? :?:

Thanks Guys !!
Get an Aussy Kizashi we don't have them, and I must say i'm glad we don't.
Are they those bright orange lights on your front bumpers or are they your turning indicators, looks to me like Suzuki at first forgot them, and later rushed down to the local Automart store in a panic and bought the first ones they saw. LOL
metatrox

bcb : No the DRL are your high beams just at a lower voltage. The hideous Orange lights are the turning indicators. I think you explained Suzuki's process for them quite well. LOL
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
TheHolyGhost

What i would give to get rid of those orange lights....
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
kmr296

I have a 2011 Kisashi GTS and there is clearly a second bulb for the running light - the H7 does not get a lower power to dim it. Look in the bezel - its clear as day.

Take out your headlights. Instructions here:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... f=28&t=272

Open the hight beam cap on the back and you will see the H7 bulb connector and under it there is a smaller connector for the DRL bulb. Take the plug off the back, pull the bulb, and then tape up the connector to keep dirt out - put the cap back on and reassemble.

does the 2010 have only 1 bulb in the High beam lens? I'd be surprised if they changed that from 2010 to 2011
metatrox

kmr296 wrote:I have a 2011 Kisashi GTS and there is clearly a second bulb for the running light - the H7 does not get a lower power to dim it. Look in the bezel - its clear as day.

Take out your headlights. Instructions here:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... f=28&t=272

Open the hight beam cap on the back and you will see the H7 bulb connector and under it there is a smaller connector for the DRL bulb. Take the plug off the back, pull the bulb, and then tape up the connector to keep dirt out - put the cap back on and reassemble.

does the 2010 have only 1 bulb in the High beam lens? I'd be surprised if they changed that from 2010 to 2011
Are you referring to the Orange bulb which is just a parking/running light?
Each headlight housing has 4 bulbs in it.

Ill describe them right to left of this image.
1 : Turn Signal bulb, which is furthest to the out side of the car.
2 : The Regular Headlights/LowBeams
3 : The Daytime Running(Low Voltage) and the High Beams (High Voltage) bulb.
4 : Just below the DTR and High Beam is an amber type bulb which is for Parking/Running lamp
Attachments
8.jpg
8.jpg (64.37 KiB) Viewed 5972 times
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.