114 days; Part II

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

Plans, awry, etc......

So further exploration showed the high-beam still working, so I bought a $20 Sylvania XtraVision H7, tried to insert in the dark, and decided that was dumb. So I stopped.
I'll try again at some point when I can see and it ain't deluging rain and/or snow.

Last tank Shell premium once again 24.9MPG. Either the formulation has changed for the season or those 80--110MPH extended runs and heavy dirt-dancing are catching up to me :shock:

WESHOOT2

Well kinda sorta.......

I got it in, but I didn't get it right.
Stopped at my local Suzuki dealer and the service manager came out, popped the hood, and fixed it right.
A few of us looked at the beams on their shop door and went "meh".
Testing commences tonight.

Last tank Shell premium 25.2MPG. Front tires almost bald.

WESHOOT2

"test then know"

Same for cars as ammo......

Testing confirms the new headlamp is of sufficient brightness and pattern dispersion, but nothing exotic.
Last tank Shell premium 27.8 MPG.

WESHOOT2

fast vs virtually bald front tires:

It never works out.
Nearly lost my latest Kizashi the other day heavily hammering un-VSC'd along a dampened hard-pack dirt road corner so off-cambered that it got progressively MORE off-cambered until you were simply in the ditch.
I didn't end up in the ditch, BUT I was sawing madly for a bit (the evidence was quite an artistic display of steering, across and back again down the road, carved right into the surface).
It was funny. I was lucky (?).

It's one of my 'regular' roads, and I decided --wrongly-- to push very hard into this particular corner.

WESHOOT2

Did I mention it was the front end washing out :shock: that started me weavin'--sawin' woes?
WESHOOT2

ditto to my own self:

I came very close again to bunching up the K, this time on my own road :oops:
Again, too fast, front washing out, but I did lose the left rear into the ditch :shock: , managing to slew/slide it out without scraping bottom or smashing off the other side.
Pretty marks....... :mrgreen:

So I bought a used set of Toyo H-rated snows in 225/50 R17, and will get them on PRONTO :lol:

WESHOOT2

Today 11/16/16 is pronto; Toyos mounting all balanced today.

Last tank Gulf premium 27.6 MPG (it's my right foot in control of mileage).

WESHOOT2

Except tomorrow they'll be pulling the wheel(s) missing its centering ring............oh well, no 110MPH testing tonight :mrgreen:
WESHOOT2

Waited till daylight :mrgreen:

Toyo OBSERVE GARIT KX 225/50 R17H STUDLESS PERFORMANCE WINTER TIRE

(I'd pumped them up to 40 PSI front 39 PSI rear first. Initial impression at this pressure suggests excellent turn-in, good wet-road bite, and not too noisy.)

WESHOOT2

So the Toyos offer excellent dry grip, even on unpaved surfaces (whew!). I CAN get them to screech, both cornering and heavy braking when not headed straight.

I expect they sacrifice snow performance to do so; we'll find out very soon. (I'm kinda excited to play in the snow again).

Last tank Gulf premium 26.1 MPG.