114 days; Part II

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

In no particular order:

First, thank you all. I mean that sincerely.

Second, the RockfordFosgate stereo is WAY better than the standard unit.
Way.

I traded in my Kizashi; they gave me $3,000. I'd figured it at $2,400 best. I bought the new one at $14,200, which I consider UNDER by $1,300.
Good deal.

I like the moonroof ('cause I smoke, see, and the wife wouldn't even sit in my old one from the stink).

The tranny whines when gas-mashing.

The 18" tire/wheel combo feels as heavy as it is. This will get solved.

Thing corners better than the old S.

The Bluetooth system sucks, but it works.

My car's name is "Kizashi". It's the same color as the old one, Platinum Silver.

The wheel paint is washed off in spots; BFD.
The body is almost perfect; again, BFD.
The interior IS perfect.

First tank, 27.1 MPG.

Thing is smooth and quiet as it surges past 90.

And I haven't had a flat tire yet...........
Last edited by WESHOOT2 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WESHOOT2

driven constantly at 799 mph since you picked it up

I TRY to do so :mrgreen: :drive:
DesRado

The bluetooth is a bit touchy, but once it's set up, it works just fine between playing music via phone and taking/making calls
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

Ronzuki

all good stuff...'cept the whine.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

I'll be fixin' that 'whine', too, one way or another..... 8-)

nytq

I found this on Nicoclub.com written by some dealer tech that worked on Nissans.

"Usually when it whines it's because the fluid is aerated"
" This is why we see so many people with transmissions that are over full"

I wish you the best with the new Kizzy, but also hope that whine is Not a whine of death.

When I first got the kizzy I had a hard time understanding the method of measurement per the owners manual. I did however know exactly where the fill line was on the dipstick when cold from day one. So I have focused on that fill line. It never moves when checked cold. I even went to the dealer just so they could verify it looked right and even they did not bother with the instructions in the manual. BTW for me the sweet spot is about 2mm above the top hole in the dipstick when cold.

I guess what has baffled me about that checking procedure is that you can only put so much fluid into the system. That amount will always show at a specific place on the dipstick. So all of that starting, warming, put into park, put into drive, back and forth is meaningless as you can only have so much fluid in the system. I guess the key is having a good start point, otherwise you'll be lost as too what is the right place on the dipstick.

The oil dipstick is another one that I find hard to verify. After dipping, one side always looks lower than the other, which makes no sense to me, but again, I know what it should look like right after doing a oil change.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
WESHOOT2

Thank you; good info.
eatrocks

hey y'all
i got a 2012 sls awd, get used to the whine lol.
mine has had the whine since day one basically. i try to ease the gas when gaining speed to cut down on the whine. haven't had any real problems besides the rear brakes being grinded to nothing at 30,000mi. i use my car for deliveries 7 days a week so probably have to start it up 50+ times a day. it has done the 10 second start up thing a few times at random.

a 2010 looking kizashi pulled up next to me a few weeks ago and asked if i had any problems with the transmission...i say no....hopefully.

took it back to the shop cause oil was leaking from the filter, they replaced the filter and wiped the area clean so no more gunk could get sandwiched between the seal of the filter.

I've read a few people had the green color cvt fluid from the factory, i remember mine being a pink color the day i drove it home.
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
eatrocks

i still can't believe there is no maintenance on the cvt or fluid anywhere in the manual, I'm not gonna mess with it, its still got the 100k powertrain.

one day when i had it in awd and pushed it it seemed to whine more, i wonder if the whine is mainly cause of the awd/cvt combo. on jatcos site it says the cvt is for fwd...idk

too bad these didn't come with the new updated 'stronger' jatcos
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
WESHOOT2

Whining transmission is under warranty.
So, one way or another, it will not be any concern.