I think I have a leak!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
TB16

golftango wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:37 pm Thanks everyone. I forgot my original pics! DOH! Called them back and gave them the part number and they are ordering it.
Hi can you please give my the part number. Mine is missing from beneath the oil sump. I also thought that was normal.
Attachments
IMG20220726174734.jpg
TB16

KuroNekko wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:53 pm
paininthenuts wrote:What's an oil pan (or do you mean the sump ?)
Yes, we call it the oil pan but we are talking about the oil sump.
Hi, this is the underbody of my kizashi. I'm i missing any covering/protector on the side on the oil sump/pan?
Attachments
IMG20220726174734.jpg
old tech

Yes you are missing the panel underneath the oil pan. Do not pay to replace this panel. It discourages service work while encourages rodents to use your car as a picnic shelter. The bolts that secure these panels to the subframe get rusty and snap off if they’re not greased every time you take them out also. In my area, it is rare to even see the transmission side under panel still intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TB16

old tech wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:10 pm Yes you are missing the panel underneath the oil pan. Do not pay to replace this panel. It discourages service work while encourages rodents to use your car as a picnic shelter. The bolts that secure these panels to the subframe get rusty and snap off if they’re not greased every time you take them out also. In my area, it is rare to even see the transmission side under panel still intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, you're right about rodents and rusting. But in India, the roads are very bad with big potholes and rocks lying on the road. I'm more worried about damaging my oil sump. Although I'm not sure how that thin plastic cover will also protect the sump if its gets stuck by a rock. Is there any other alternative to protect the sump/pan?
KlutzNinja

TB16 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:18 am
golftango wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:37 pm Thanks everyone. I forgot my original pics! DOH! Called them back and gave them the part number and they are ordering it.
Hi can you please give my the part number. Mine is missing from beneath the oil sump. I also thought that was normal.
I bought this same part from MegaZip a couple years ago because mine had a tear or two. Back then it was a bit cheaper and came only from a Japanese warehouse, but now you can get it from a warehouse in UAE, too. That’s the cheaper option for me and probably much more so for someone in India.
The part number is 72381-57L00-000, But I’d Google that number and add Kizashi to the search, otherwise you probably won’t get a result. To put it simply, search “72381-57L00-000 kizashi” and the MegaZip page should show up right away.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
old tech

I havent seen much aftermarket available for the Kizashi at all.That plastic splash couldnt save any thing. A piece of steel would be easy enough to fabricate here though.
KuroNekko

I've looked into skid plates for the Kizashi and only came across one company in Russia that made them specifically for the car. I think fabricating is the way to go if you can or know a place that will make one for you.

The plastic "splash guards" aren't really for protection and despite the name, my understanding from engineering press materials is that they are largely for improving aerodynamics of the vehicle at speed, which aids in fuel efficiency and reducing noise. For those reasons, I consider them beneficial but if you're not driving at highway/freeway speeds very much, they are not too useful. I also think if you get your car serviced by others, techs hate them and often forget to put them back on. No surprise it's missing if you don't change your own oil.

Lastly, please do not double post. Only post on the same topic in one place so all the replies are consolidated. Thanks.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SAEED_KIZZY

Yes confirmed I bought it too back in 2019 from the UAE warehouse back then the price was 31$ now 52$ :facepalm:

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (27.26 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
TB16

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:07 pm Yes confirmed I bought it too back in 2019 from the UAE warehouse back then the price was 31$ now 52$ :facepalm:

Untitled.jpg
In India its costing about $20. I think I'll order both the right and left just in case.
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-07-28-10-11-05-75_21d7ae11b56d281f3d1eaf85000220e7.jpg
SAEED_KIZZY

@TB16 that's a good deal.
honestly, I am just a driver but I trust Japanese engineers if they decided to put a splash guard beneath the engine there must be good reasons for that ;)