I think I have a leak!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Ronzuki

golftango wrote:Went to do an oil change tonight, got under my Kiz and this is what I see:
Is that a crack in the pan I see heading north in that crease from the left bolt? Sure looks lik it. Wouldn't surprise me with all that excess sealant under there, and, if they didn't carefully tighten the pan bolts gradually evenly by hand (ie w/o air assisted gorilla gun).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bootymac

If we're looking at the same thing, I think it's a string of RTV
golftango

bootymac wrote:If we're looking at the same thing, I think it's a string of RTV
Correct, it's RTV.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Woodie

Dye, schmye. Pfffft!

It needs an input seal. And a cover replaced while they're at it. I haven't had time to get under mine, but I find it very hard to believe that the flywheel is just hanging out like that.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
golftango

Woodie wrote:Dye, schmye. Pfffft!

It needs an input seal. And a cover replaced while they're at it. I haven't had time to get under mine, but I find it very hard to believe that the flywheel is just hanging out like that.
So you're saying there is a flywheel cover? Can you take pics of it through the pass wheel well? Thanks!
KuroNekko

I agree with Woodie. I think our 6MTs are supposed to have a flywheel cover. I'm not 100% certain right now, but don't have a recollection seeing it ever exposed like that. I also took a quick look after your first post about it and didn't see anything like that exposed. However, I wasn't under the car and only had a limited view through the wheel spokes, but I think Woodie is right that the flywheel should have a cover. Also, isn't this the same dealer that told you Kizashis don't come with an oil pan splash shield until you proved them wrong?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
golftango

Alas, I wish someone with a manual would confirm. A cover is no where to be found on any parts diagrams.
KuroNekko

golftango wrote:Alas, I wish someone with a manual would confirm. A cover is no where to be found on any parts diagrams.
I'm quite sure there is a cover. I can't get a great look at it because that requires either the front right wheel coming off or getting under the car with the splash shields off, but I did manage to see a tiny portion of the cover through the front right wheel spokes. I tried to get a good photo, but it's hard getting a good angle. However, I did capture a tiny portion and when compared to your photos, shows a difference. See below. In mine, you can't see the flywheel's teeth next to the axle, but in yours, the teeth are clearly visible and right next to the axle. The reason is likely that mine has a black cover which is what I'm sure I saw with my eyes.
I also think there is a cover as I have no collection ever seeing the flywheel exposed like that in the years I've serviced my car, including a MT fluid flush.
I really think your dealer is incompetent given this is not the first time they misled you about missing parts. I bet they removed the cover to seal your oil pan and forgot to replace it, much like they did with the oil pan's splash shield. These guys are f@^king idiots.

Your photo:
c7e12da1b05fa633dc7096ceb715a75b.jpg
c7e12da1b05fa633dc7096ceb715a75b.jpg (328.88 KiB) Viewed 5957 times
My photo:
IMG_2216.JPG
IMG_2216.JPG (168.74 KiB) Viewed 5957 times
golftango

Excellent, thanks KuroNekko, I'll let the dealer know the cover is missing. You rock!
KuroNekko

golftango wrote:Excellent, thanks KuroNekko, I'll let the dealer know the cover is missing. You rock!
I know my photo is not good, but if you zoom into the picture of where the flywheel is located, you'll see that no gear teeth are visible. That's because there is a black cover over it which is what I saw with my eyes. If there was no cover, you'd at least see some flywheel teeth in the small portion of the photo. Also, you can tell from the space on the transmission case (the silver portion) between the axle and the flywheel that mine is thinner than yours. That's because the black cover is on while yours has none over the flywheel's housing area, exposing more of the trans case's silver portion. Hope that made sense.