Battery Size?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SamirD

I've done quite a few searches and can't seem to come up with any specs for the factory battery. :(

Anyone have them? I want to have one picked out and ready in case ours goes kaput.
DesRado

I'd like to know too. Thinking about getting a new one soon myself.
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

KuroNekko

I got an Interstate battery at Costco last year. It's #27. I don't have specs on it, but it fit perfectly and was very reasonably priced considering the brand.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

So I started with a search on costco's web site for interstate batteries--no go. So then I checked out Interstate's web site for their #27, but after looking at the specs, I think it's too big.

Fast forward an hour of digging and I can't even seem to locate the right bci group number--some sites say it's 34, some say 35, and some say 24.

Ahh, what a confusing rabbit hole I just dove down...
bdleonard

SamirD wrote:I've done quite a few searches and can't seem to come up with any specs for the factory battery. :(

Anyone have them? I want to have one picked out and ready in case ours goes kaput.
Just take the top hold down off the factory Delkor battery and read the label. I seem to recall that it is a 24F with 680CCA, but it has been a couple of years so I'm a touch fuzzy.

Many sizes will work fine, possibly with spacers or shims for the hold down (34R, 35, etc)
https://www.batteryweb.com/bci.cfm
BLyons

I forgot to look when I was outside, but I'm also pretty sure it's a 24 series.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:So I started with a search on costco's web site for interstate batteries--no go. So then I checked out Interstate's web site for their #27, but after looking at the specs, I think it's too big.
I think the #27 is like a product reference number for Costco's Interstate batteries. These aren't found in either their website or on Interstate's given it's quite evident these are made specifically for Costco (the Interstate battery has Costco labeling on it). In terms of series size, it looks to be a 24 but the size specifications can change a bit depending on what type of 24 series battery you get.
http://www.interstatebatteries.com/b/au ... art+Number

I can tell you with 100% confidence that the #27 Interstate battery sold in Costco will fit given it's currently what I have in my Kizashi and I installed it myself. I'm sure there are better, higher spec batteries but this one cost me under $90 and my last Interstate lasted 9 years.
nytq

I've got the 8020-164-35-optima-red-top in mine. I did add a bit of spacer on the crossbar holder as without it the nuts would bottom out on the available thread. You can also put a spacer under the batter. Maybe 1/4 inch. Besides that it works just fine.

2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
bootymac

I highly recommend Costco if you're a member. Kirkland batteries are made by Johnson Controls, who also makes Interstate batteries. Costco has the lowest price and also the best warranty around here. They are also the easiest to deal with for warranty and actually honor the warranty unlike other retailers.

The Kizashi takes a 24F battery. Kirkland #28 (in Canada) according to this: http://www.costco.ca/wcsstore/CostcoCAB ... ingual.pdf
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:I highly recommend Costco if you're a member. Kirkland batteries are made by Johnson Controls, who also makes Interstate batteries. Costco has the lowest price and also the best warranty around here. They are also the easiest to deal with for warranty and actually honor the warranty unlike other retailers.

The Kizashi takes a 24F battery. Kirkland #28 according to this: http://www.costco.ca/wcsstore/CostcoCAB ... ingual.pdf
I fixed your link. The "f" at the end of .pdf was missing so it wasn't working as a link.

The catalog is also dated now given it's from 2013 and back when Costco sold their own brand of batteries (though made by Johnson Controls). I bought my Interstate branded battery from Costco last summer and it was a #27 in the reference book and on the battery itself. Just wanted to mention this to avoid any confusion given the new branding of the batteries sold at Costco which looks to have affected the reference number.