50,000 Miles Kizashi Ownership Report

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

I'd rather be lucky than good.......

If this current Kizashi mirrors my last one I'll be convinced it's the car (and my abusive ownership style).
KuroNekko

golftango wrote:
I'd love to see more on that VW Camper! Are we talking a split window or Vanagon? My folks had an 80 or 81 Vanagon Westfalia that I remember. That top sleeper was a blast.
It's a Type 2 "Bay Window". It's a 1976 model and one of the last with the air cooled engines but with fuel injection. These are the ones that came after the split window Type 2 buses but before the Vanagons which moved to water-cooled engines. It's a Westfalia Campmobile model so it's got the camping amenities like the pop-top tent but also the sink and range.
Here's a thread that features it with pictures on both page 1 and 2: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... f=8&t=2655
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
golftango

KuroNekko wrote:
golftango wrote:
I'd love to see more on that VW Camper! Are we talking a split window or Vanagon? My folks had an 80 or 81 Vanagon Westfalia that I remember. That top sleeper was a blast.
It's a Type 2 "Bay Window". It's a 1976 model and one of the last with the air cooled engines but with fuel injection. These are the ones that came after the split window Type 2 buses but before the Vanagons which moved to water-cooled engines. It's a Westfalia Campmobile model so it's got the camping amenities like the pop-top tent but also the sink and range.
Here's a thread that features it with pictures on both page 1 and 2: http://www.kizashiclub.com/ ... f=8&t=2655
Very cool! It's incredible how the values have skyrocketed on the syncro VW camper vans.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
DesRado

I'm on my way to 50k. Just reached 42k on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

krell

Will be replacing pads, rotors and brake fluid this week with Power Stop Z23 brake pads BrakePerformance slotted rotors and Stop Tech brake fluid.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
johnhenrydale

hi Kuro, this may have been asked and answered in another post already, but how did you retrieve the USB port from inside the console? Did you have to remove the plastic housing for the usb and 12v ports ?
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
bootymac

johnhenrydale wrote:hi Kuro, this may have been asked and answered in another post already, but how did you retrieve the USB port from inside the console? Did you have to remove the plastic housing for the usb and 12v ports ?
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2663
mokster

do you use your stock headlight..?
KuroNekko

mokster wrote:do you use your stock headlight..?
Yes. The headlights themselves are stock but the bulbs in them are not standard halogens. I have HID kits in the low beams and fog lights, LEDs as the position bulbs, and high output Osram Rallye halogens for the DRL/high beams.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
metallord

Is your suspension still going good? Im hitting almost 90.000 kms (54.000 miles aprox) and Im starting to hear some small clunking noises.