50,000 Miles Kizashi Ownership Report

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

metallord wrote:Is your suspension still going good? Im hitting almost 90.000 kms (54.000 miles aprox) and Im starting to hear some small clunking noises.
The suspension is great, but keep in mind that my rear shocks were both replaced under warranty due to the faulty bump stoppers. I think I discussed this in the first post. You should check to see if you still have the old ones or have the new ones.
This post by Juan shows the difference in the bump stoppers.
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =30#p40105
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
metallord

KuroNekko wrote:
metallord wrote:Is your suspension still going good? Im hitting almost 90.000 kms (54.000 miles aprox) and Im starting to hear some small clunking noises.
The suspension is great, but keep in mind that my rear shocks were both replaced under warranty due to the faulty bump stoppers. I think I discussed this in the first post. You should check to see if you still have the old ones or have the new ones.
This post by Juan shows the difference in the bump stoppers.
http://www.kizashiclub.com/ ... =30#p40105
Im gonna check what you are mentioning. Thanks!
Kelevra

Just turning 50K miles on my '13 AWD SLS.

Replaced tires @ 42.5K, they were pretty shot from aggressive cornering, and 3 NY winters. Goodyear Eagle RS-A's. $600- installed. Very good tires, grip & feedback is excellent, much more quiet.

Replaced rear Akabono pads at approx 37K, fronts will be due sooner than later, will bleed brakes this time. Replaced 2 cabin filters so far. Syn oil, Suz oil filter changes every 8K miles. Good car.
WESHOOT2

65,023 mile report:

-need front/rear rotors/pads
-need shocks
-need the flex pipe cut out and a new one (aftermarket) welded in (see, because I ground a hole in it from off-roading).
-need an oil change
KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote: -need the flex pipe cut out and a new one (aftermarket) welded in (see, because I ground a hole in it from off-roading).
So the exhaust is leaking? I damaged mine too, but fortunately, the mesh cover took most of the damage so the actual pipe wasn't punctured. I replaced the mesh cover by pulling it back into place and then using a hose clamp to keep it in place.
If yours has a hole in it, I guess the only option is to get the old one cut out and a new one welded in.
WESHOOT2

I'd already destroyed the 'mesh' (and had the guys saw it off last oil change), and abraided a hole in the flex portion.
Darn goat trails......
KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote:I'd already destroyed the 'mesh' (and had the guys saw it off last oil change), and abraided a hole in the flex portion.
Darn goat trails......
Sounds like you can use a skid plate. I used to have one for my Impreza that I often took on dirt trails which were really light duty offroad trails. I also had a rear differential protector. Too bad they are very hard to find for the Kizashi outside of Russia. Maybe find a custom fabricator? I think that's what Motor Trend did when they drove the Kizashi from Tokyo to LA; the Hard Way.
WESHOOT2

I visited that Russian skidplate site......
golftango

KuroNekko wrote:
WESHOOT2 wrote:I'd already destroyed the 'mesh' (and had the guys saw it off last oil change), and abraided a hole in the flex portion.
Darn goat trails......
Sounds like you can use a skid plate. I used to have one for my Impreza that I often took on dirt trails which were really light duty offroad trails. I also had a rear differential protector. Too bad they are very hard to find for the Kizashi outside of Russia. Maybe find a custom fabricator? I think that's what Motor Trend did when they drove the Kizashi from Tokyo to LA; the Hard Way.
Did you know they used a "pair" of Kizashis? It wasn't just one that went the entire way. In 8/2010 they both hit LA with 5K on the clock each. I'm not seeing any registration history, or any other history for that fact, after the first oil change and tire changeover @ Continental Mazda/Suzuki/Volvo.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
KuroNekko

golftango wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
Darn goat trails......
Did you know they used a "pair" of Kizashis? It wasn't just one that went the entire way. In 8/2010 they both hit LA with 5K on the clock each. I'm not seeing any registration history, or any other history for that fact, after the first oil change and tire changeover @ Continental Mazda/Suzuki/Volvo.
Yeah, I know it was two Kizashis in addition to other Suzuki-branded vehicles. The entire convoy was 2 Kizashis, 2 Suzuki Equators (Nissan Frontier clones), and a Suzuki V-Strom 650 dual sport motorcycle. The expedition was actually a partnership of Motor Trend, 4 Wheel & Offroad, and Motorcyclist magazines so editors/writers from all of those publications were part of the journey in addition to support staff.