Kizashi Wont Start Please Hellp!!!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
RedGeminiPA

I was thinking exactly what @redmed said. Check to make sure the brake lights are working. If not, it's the brake switch at the pedal. I remember there being similar situations when I frequented the Hyundai Sonata forums. There's a very high likelihood that's the problem. If so, it's a very cheap and easy fix.

Even if the lights are working, there's still a slight chance it's that switch. If you look under the dash, follow the brake pedal up until you see the switch. It should only be maybe 3-4" above the pedal. Start tapping on it and see if the car starts.

Check this before wasting money on anything else.
2011 Sport GTS FWD CVT Nav
Altoona PA
kconklin33

I had this issue one night. I kept smashing the brake and pushing the start button, after about 15 tries she turned over. CEL came on immediately following. The next day she started up fine and CEL went off, still unsure of what caused this issue. My guess since the starter wasn't cranking, as in your case it has to do with either the safety engage switch with the brake or being in park.
CamiVH89

The brakes are working fine, the brake lights comes on as suppose to.

Sometimes when the problem occur, i would lock the car, open it using the key fob, then open and close the door.

Push the brake and push start and it works.

Sometimes it starts one time, sometimes it gives trouble to start.

Either way, will still check it out.
kconklin33

I didn't mean to say the brakes aren't working correctly, I'm saying there's and electronic relay that allows the starter to get voltage only after the brake is pressed to a certain extent. Much like on a manual transmission car with a clutch relay switch. On some manual's its even a literal button like switch on the floor that requires the pedal itself to push the switch in. Sure the clutch will do its job and allow you to shift gears but it's still not going to start unless the button is engaged. Similarly, even though you have brake lights which come on with the slights depression of brake, the starting switch may not be engaging. I'm willing to bet that is your issue, considering your not even getting a crank (starter getting voltage) therefore is likely not your battery.
CamiVH89

i am getting a crank,
LPSISRL

CamiVH89 wrote:whats is BCM
Body Control Module
Cars today don't have a direct connection from say, the brake switch to the brake lights. Actuating the brake switch is sensed by the BCM which then send the current to the brake light. A faulty BCM could be preventing the detection of the brake being pressed.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

Could be something as simple as a bad switch on the brake. Where exactly that is located on a Kizashi I have no idea. Back in the day, a neutral safety switch indicating that auto shift lever's were in the park or neutral position and manual clutch switches, which indicated the clutch pedal was depressed, would go bad all the time. Sometimes they'd fail closed, most times they'd fail open (as they should). But back then you could easily reach under the dash, yank the spade connectors and easily bypass the defective switch until you got around to replacing it.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
CamiVH89

Update:

Well for the pass 2 days, my car has been starting normal without any issues.

I pushed the brakes in harder, waited like 2 seconds, put the fob closer and push the start button.
Ronzuki

If you've verified both your FOBs have good batteries and the car reacts the same with both FOBs, I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibilities that the car's ignition transceiver could be flaking out. Replaced the door lock unit in the daughters Olds a couple years ago. Range was diminishing more and more and eventually got to the point where the doors just wouldn't unlock standing right next to the car. When I tried to have a second FOB paired to the car suspecting the FOB was bad, the transceiver could not be communicated with. Replaced the 'receiver'...good to go. The original FOB w/ a new battery worked just fine. The principle of operation for the keyless ignition is the same. I'd imagine there's a procedure in the FSM to check it. Probably requires the Suzuki scan tool to perform any diag though.

Again, ditch the techno wizardry and give me a simple mechanical key to start the damn car and I'm happy.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
krell

Ron... be coming your way on mothers day for the Make-A-Wish Mother's Day Truck Convoy....The Convoy, held at Burle Industries, 1000 New Holland Avenue (Rt.23) Lancaster, is a collection of trucks from across the United States that converge at one location to help raise awareness and funds for Make-A-Wish® Philadelphia, Northern Delaware & Susquehanna Valley. It’s a day filled with fun for the entire family starting at 8:30 a.m. and all of the money raised stays locally and goes directly to the kids we serve.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?