Vacation by the nunbers

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Sluggo

Just got back from a little vacation trip. The car was carrying 4 adults and all the luggage that could be stuffed into the trunk.
I didn't really figure out the mpg because I really don't care, but this is what the Kizashi display said:
Miles... 1444
MPG... 31.6
Avg. speed...53 mph

GPS max speed ...92 mph was onI95 just keeping up with traffic... honest
When I got home I saw the rear shock was leaking oil and the drivers wiper blade came apart on the trip.
The NAPA store said like "wow I never looked up a Kizashi before".
So it looks like I'll be ordering some shocks from Rock Auto.

Tires are looking kind of worn but that is a story for an other post.

They're $51 each from kyboutlet with .99 shipping. http://www.kyboutlet.com

Make sure you get the new style bump stops: http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3186 KYB makes some for much less money, but I'm not sure I'd trust them. I just bought new KYB bumpstops and bellows for my Firefly and they were completely wrong.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Sluggo

Yeah, I had already changed to the new bumpstops, bought from Suzuki, almost a year ago but I guess by then the damage to the shock rods, rust and corrosion, had already taken place. I hope the new shocks last pretty much forever given the fact they will start out with the updated bumpstops.

Hello,

I just completed a vacation of Lake Tahoe than seven days—10, to be exact. Corroborating my first experience, I am now convinced that there is a certain magic to the 10-day vacation and have resolved to make them an annual habit.
Last edited by louiese85 on Sun May 20, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
z06jeff

Sluggo wrote: The NAPA store said like "wow I never looked up a Kizashi before".
The last time I bought a headlight for our Kizashi, I went to the counter and asked for a low beam bulb for a Suzuki Kizashi. The counter guy asked, "Is that a motorcycle or a car?".
:facepalm:
2017 Lexus IS350 F-Sport awd
2003 Tracker 4dr 2.0
2002 Corvette Z06 :drive:
1968 Corvette 327
Speed_Racer

louiese85 wrote:Hello,

I just completed a vacation of more than seven days—10, to be exact. Corroborating my first experience, I am now convinced that there is a certain magic to the 10-day vacation and have resolved to make them an annual habit.
That's my ideal vacation length, too. And if you plan it right, it's only 6 PTO days + two weekends.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
Tom Kizzie

same here. one week to short. 2 weeks to long because home sweet home;)
kizashi 6mt black
jcorcione

z06jeff wrote:
Sluggo wrote: The NAPA store said like "wow I never looked up a Kizashi before".
The last time I bought a headlight for our Kizashi, I went to the counter and asked for a low beam bulb for a Suzuki Kizashi. The counter guy asked, "Is that a motorcycle or a car?".
:facepalm:
I used to Uber with my Kizashi, Most people when they get in the car they are surprised how nice the interior is. too bad the trade in value isn't all that. I would like to trade but the market will only bear 5-7k. Looks like I will own it until i pay note off. :drive: :D :drive:
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White
KuroNekko

jcorcione wrote: I used to Uber with my Kizashi, Most people when they get in the car they are surprised how nice the interior is. too bad the trade in value isn't all that. I would like to trade but the market will only bear 5-7k. Looks like I will own it until i pay note off. :drive: :D :drive:
The Kizashi is certainly a car you want to own and drive for the long term. It's reliable and enjoyable but with such low resale value and market recognition, it's not going get you much cash as a trade-in or for sale. However, it's a great used car if you want something cheap but rather nice as it's a stellar value.
After over 5 years of owning my Kizashi, I really can't think of any reason to move on from it other than fuel economy but the financial loss of selling the undervalued Kizashi and then getting a newer vehicle with better efficiency wouldn't actually result in cost savings for at least several years. Spending less on gas and actually saving money on a car are two different things because there are many expenses on a car other than fuel, even when you fully own the car.

Owning the Kizashi, I realize there are only a small handful of cars I'd even consider giving up the Kizashi for.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
arnold712

Hi there, Last time i visited at California by car it was my first visit to car. What was visit at Called the Pacific Coast Highway farther south, locals in Northern California simply call the 400-mile stretch from San Francisco to Crescent City 'Highway 1.'