plastic covers for roof rack

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
pakizzie2015

Odd question here guys.. Here in the North East PA for the past few days we have had Hot Days.. a few in the upper 80's and lower 90's. my car is outside all the time.. I noticed the other day the plastic cover over the drivers passenger side was looking funny.. I moved it and it was not really latched underneath.. and it bowed a bit.. well I pushed it down and slid it back into place but It felt kind of loose.. So I decided to check the others. seems they all started to feel like they are loose.
I am guessing the heat from the sun is making them loose.. Do any of you have sugggestions about how to prevent this besides the obvious like a garage. (no access).. Since I don't plan on getting the roof rack.. could these be glued down..
I would hate to be driving on a hot day and they come off.. thanks for listening
metallord

I have the same question, with the difference that mine got one lost, and at least were I live (Chile) it's impossible to get them locally.
KuroNekko

These mount covers slide into a lock position from what I remember. You have to place them over the slot and then push them either forward or backward to have them lock into place. If you are afraid of losing them, I suggest securing them with a small dab of superglue like a drop or two. This will make them difficult to come lose but not hard to deliberately remove if you ever need to.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Try a light dab of some black, or clear, RTV silicone to hold them in place. clean everything first of course. Still removable if desired. The RTV will have some 'give' as the plastic expands and contracts when the temperature changes throughout the year.

Thanks for the heads-up...I'll check mine to see if they're doing this.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
pakizzie2015

Ronzuki wrote:Try a light dab of some black, or clear, RTV silicone to hold them in place. clean everything first of course. Still removable if desired. The RTV will have some 'give' as the plastic expands and contracts when the temperature changes throughout the year.

Thanks for the heads-up...I'll check mine to see if they're doing this.
Your welcome.. and thanks for that idea.. both ideas seem like a plan. but I have the black silicone that may be easier to remove if I ever need to use those slots...
I was totally surprised to see them loose. but I suppose since it got so hot out they are plastic after all and I guess they expand..
crabcancer

Good day, just realise that I have lost one as well and impossible to get in Australia.
Kizashi MY 13 2.4L
Woodie

I don't understand. Suzuki's website for both Chile and Australia show the Kizashi as a current model available to purchase. Why can't you just walk in to the dealership and order a 78132-57L01-000 for $ 6.00?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
metallord

Woodie wrote:I don't understand. Suzuki's website for both Chile and Australia show the Kizashi as a current model available to purchase. Why can't you just walk in to the dealership and order a 78132-57L01-000 for $ 6.00?
I will call tomorrow, but I can bet they will charge 30 usd for that piece of plastic.
WIKizashi

metallord

WIKizashi wrote:Available on ebay for $10.52
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-7813257L ... Fk&vxp=mtr
Shipping to my 3rd world country costs 4 times the piece price!!