TomTom GPS Mount

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
ninjarob

Anyone have a GPS mounted in their Kizashi? I have a Tomtom, but not sure where to mount it. Afraid the sticky disc for the suction cup might damage the dash. Anyone have pics of where you mounted yours?
darrylh

Had the same thoughts with my TomTom 340 last week.
The windscreen is too far away to reach the unit when mounted there, I don't want to damage the dash, so...
I just open the console door in front of the gearstick (where the USB is) and rest the unit there - fits nicely.
Easy to reach - out of line of sight when driving - easy to glance down if needed (but I just listen to voice prompts) - and close to 12V plug.
gaww

I have a TomTom and mounted the disk on the dash. If I ever want to remove it, will use heat from hairdryer to warm it up first. Have done so on different dash before.
jimmerz

I have a garmin, and the dash works great for me.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
Flipster

Hey any chance can see how you hve attached it to the dash will need to do this when i pick mine up

cheers

flip
ninjarob

Got mine figured out. I have the SE model, so I have fake plugs in the stereo console. I just bought a spare plug in case I damaged the one that I mounted the GPS to. Now I just need to get a better wire to hide the USB cable a bit more.

This is a good position because I can still use and see all my controls. What do you think?
Attachments
IMG_0338.jpg
ninjarob

I should probably tell you how I mounted it in case anyone else wants to do the same thing. I used the disc that comes with the GPS, but I took off the sticky backing and put new 3M adhesive tape on it. I only put the tape on the rectangle blank plug, this way it will not stick to or possibly damage the center console. Then I put the disc on and suction cupped the GPS to it.
Shaneous

Good solution providing you'll never intend to get heated leather seats! (and why would you if they are not already stock) - good thinking. Anyone have any other good places on models that have heated seats like me?
TheHolyGhost

Like Darryl, I put mine in the lower storage area in front of the shifter. It could be a pain if you fiddle with the GPS a lot, but generally if you're just putting in an address and going I think it works pretty well.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
metatrox

I have some pretty cool ideas for mounting. Imma try and mount my iPhone and possibly my iPad. Ill show once i get it.
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.