Problems with paint on front and lower rocker panels

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
perry.casey

Has anyone else experienced problems with the factory paint coming off on front and side rocker panels. I think that it should be a factory recall on the paint.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

The paint on the Kizashi is very thin and prone to chipping. However, it's the hood that is often the part that gets the most chipping. I have a hood deflector that has helped reduce the number of chips on the hood. Other members have installed a 3M paint protection film.

If you have a lot of chipping on the side rocker panels, I suspect that you often drive on gravel, dirt, or other unpaved surfaces. If that's the case, you should probably get mud flaps.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
perry.casey

KuroNekko wrote:The paint on the Kizashi is very thin and prone to chipping. However, it's the hood that is often the part that gets the most chipping. I have a hood deflector that has helped reduce the number of chips on the hood. Other members have installed a 3M paint protection film.

If you have a lot of chipping on the side rocker panels, I suspect that you often drive on gravel, dirt, or other unpaved surfaces. If that's the case, you should probably get mud flaps.
The paint is more like flaking off instead of chipping. Big sections of paint are coming off. Most areas as a square inch or larger. The paint right behind the front wheel on the rocker panel is about half a square foot of paint missing.

KuroNekko

perry.casey wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:The paint on the Kizashi is very thin and prone to chipping. However, it's the hood that is often the part that gets the most chipping. I have a hood deflector that has helped reduce the number of chips on the hood. Other members have installed a 3M paint protection film.

The paint is more like flaking off instead of chipping. Big sections of paint are coming off. Most areas as a square inch or larger. The paint right behind the front wheel on the rocker panel is about half a square foot of paint missing.

Yikes. Sounds bad and is probably the worst case I've heard of. What color is your car? Mind uploading a photo?
Suzuki hasn't issued anything related to paint problems for the Kizashi and they likely won't as it doesn't directly affect the safety of the vehicle. Sounds like you'll have to get it repainted out of pocket.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Wow, this sounds pretty bad. Do you know if the car was ever repainted in those areas? A cheap paint job or bad repair can also peel off.
WESHOOT2

paint still attached
Jony

I have the same issues with my car! What should I do? Do i need to heir a professional?
Woodie

Welcome Jony !

You should just take it to a body shop as if you had wrecked it. Go to three for estimates as many body shops are likely to overcharge.

At this point Suzuki isn't going to do anything for you.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency