Value of these cars

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
DiggerDerrik

golftango wrote:$3K for a 110K mile, 6 year old defunct vehicle is not that bad considering...

I was offered $5K for mine which is 3 years old newer and only 32K miles.

I would say you and your car were insulted by that offer.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
kconklin33

Well I've been hinging on the idea of trading mine in recently after looking at a plethora of cars. I went to the local Subaru dealership where I was looking to trade it in on a new 5 speed crosstrek or a 2015 legacy 3.6r and they offered me $4100. Nissan offered me $2000 on a 2015 juke nismo rs and Honda offered me $4500 on a new civic hatch. That said realistic trade in value is going to fetch roughly $4000. And my car has 66k original miles on it. I would entertain the idea of selling it for $6000 if anybody is interested.
NiteRider

kconklin33 wrote:Well I've been hinging on the idea of trading mine in recently after looking at a plethora of cars. I went to the local Subaru dealership where I was looking to trade it in on a new 5 speed crosstrek or a 2015 legacy 3.6r and they offered me $4100. Nissan offered me $2000 on a 2015 juke nismo rs and Honda offered me $4500 on a new civic hatch. That said realistic trade in value is going to fetch roughly $4000. And my car has 66k original miles on it. I would entertain the idea of selling it for $6000 if anybody is interested.

Even at 6K, that's a bargin!
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
NiteRider

Because there are so few of these cars, in some respects, we control the value of our kizashis. If so many are willing to part with it at such a low rate, it just reinforces the price point for everyone else. Demand more and stick to your guns!
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
WESHOOT2

You mean like Merkur? Or Saab?

The value in any Kizashi is in driving it, ay?
Ronzuki

you bet!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

I think the people who have it worst are the people who have Kizashis and are making payments on it. Paying interest on a thing with rapidly diminishing value is nonsensical. I recall reading someone's farewell comment shortly after Suzuki announced their pull-out in 2012. He was citing this as the reason he needed to get rid of his Kizashi ASAP. I couldn't blame him. However, for those like me who fully own their cars and like it, it makes the most sense to keep the car. The market is only interested in resale value and will value a much inferior car higher just because of make, model, and popularity. It makes little sense to me to get rid of the Kizashi to get something similar or even worse in refinement and driving characteristics. To me, that's any conventional ICE sedan or compact under an Acura TLX or Lexus IS. Sure, the new Mazda6 is nice and so is the new Accord, but I can't justify getting rid of my perfectly-functional Kizashi, taking a huge loss on it, and then driving something arguably similar with slightly more space and better fuel efficiency. It just isn't worth the trade-off to drive, what, ...something simply newer with more screens?
Like I've stated many times, for me, it only makes sense to drive the Kizashi a long time and then move on to something quite different. The difference by then would be type of vehicle, let alone, age and technology. By that point, I wouldn't care about resale value as the car would have too many miles for just about any make or model to retain much value. For me, my ideal next vehicle doesn't even really exist yet so it makes no sense to move on from my Kizashi any time soon. Like Weshoot2 said, anytime you doubt the Kizashi, just drive it. It will likely remind you of its worth you can't just put a price on.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
golftango

DiggerDerrik wrote:
golftango wrote:$3K for a 110K mile, 6 year old defunct vehicle is not that bad considering...

Meh, not really. That's what I expected and it's only going to get worse.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
KuroNekko

golftango wrote:
DiggerDerrik wrote:

Meh, not really. That's what I expected and it's only going to get worse.
Nah, they offered $5000 but would turn around and sell it for $8000 to $9000. Think about how much used Kizashis are going for. They go for around twice the price dealers will give you for a trade-in.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)