Bluetooth question

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Sluggo

Is this working correctly? My phone has no apps open but has been synced to my car. I turn on the radio and hit cd button till BT audio is displayed. It shows no audio source. If I hit music app on the phone everything works. All controls on the radio and steering wheel will control the music in my phone. So is it necessary to turn on the app or should just turning on the BT on the radio wake up the phone.
The phone, meaning calls, work without every doing anything to the phone.

I don't have to open my app. If I even accidentally switch to BT mode it will start playing music from Google Play automatically.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
perry.casey

BLyons wrote:I don't have to open my app. If I even accidentally switch to BT mode it will start playing music from Google Play automatically.
What stero do you have in your car? Mine seems to only connect the phone. I haven't been able to play media through the stereo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Speed_Racer

BLyons wrote:I don't have to open my app. If I even accidentally switch to BT mode it will start playing music from Google Play automatically.
Mine did that too, which drove me nuts because I'm a Spotify guy. I ended up uninstalling the Google Play app so it'd stop auto-playing when I started driving.

Sluggo - I don't know which music app you prefer but to get Spotify via BT, I have to hit play within the app first to get it streaming over the stereo. It doesn't auto-play.
After that I can use the steering wheel controls to switch songs, etc. I have the RF stereo unit.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
Sluggo

Armed with the knowledge that auto-play was possible I tried to re-pair my phone to my RF audio.
When I had paired my phone so the audio would now auto play the " phone call stuff" didn't work. :?

So I would pair my phone so the calls would work and then the audio wouldn't work at all...dead. :roll:

Finally after more than a hour of trying I got the phone " calls " to work and the audio to auto-play if I went to BT. :D

I also have discovered that it will auto-play what every music player I had used last.
Whether I use Samsung Music or Play Music, the last one used will be the one that auto-plays.