Kizashi = Best Car for PI's

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
johnhenrydale

Fairly sure @KuroNekko will appreciate this article if he hasn't read it already:

http://jalopnik.com/im-a-private-eye-lo ... 1793549299
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
KuroNekko

Yeah, I saw it shortly after it first went up.
I'm no private eye-type investigator but I also found it a funny coincidence that a Jalopnik writer suggested the Kizashi to a private investigator with a budget under 20K. I drive one, work as an investigator, and got it well under 20K used.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Knightstruth

I'm not trying to be rude here, but how is the kizashi a good car for PI work? It is an attractive rare car that sticks out like a sore thumb. I find the car quite noticable, would notice if I saw the same car appearing where I was. Especially the sport models with the chrome trim.
KuroNekko

Knightstruth wrote:I'm not trying to be rude here, but how is the kizashi a good car for PI work? It is an attractive rare car that sticks out like a sore thumb. I find the car quite noticable, would notice if I saw the same car appearing where I was. Especially the sport models with the chrome trim.
It's because it's not easily identifiable. Most people have no idea what it is, making it harder to identify and recognize. The Jalop writer also suggested what many members here do: remove the Suzuki and Kizashi badges. This makes the car even harder to identify because then it simply becomes unknown and unidentifiable to most people. The Kizashi's styling is attractive, but not exactly something that stands out as very unique. It blends styles from other cars. I personally see a mix of Mk V VW Jetta (front) and Infiniti G/M styling (rear).
Also consider that it's reliable and dependable and with available AWD, can probably meet work demands in most conditions.

All that being said, there's one aspect in which the Kizashi isn't great for a PI and that's space. Many PIs are commonly hired for civil case investigation. Things like insurance fraud and spousal matters like infidelity for divorce. This means PIs conduct covert surveillance often from their cars. Larger vehicles like SUVs with dark tinted windows or even curtains are ideal so the PI and the equipment can be in the back seat for hours watching the surveillance target. Examples are like watching people who claim worker's comp for an injury playing tennis or husbands going to a mistress' residence for a few hours.
For these kinds of surveillance, having a larger vehicle and conducting surveillance from the rear seat is probably optimal.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Knightstruth

I know the design is basic but it is still one of a kind. I would go with a ford taurus, or chevy malibu because it blends in. I'm just not seeing it as a PI car. I guess to each their own.
Picasso

LOL. This is an awesome read. I would agree with everything in that list though, except for the 'stang, though. Not sure why. But yeah, the Kizashi is like a blank canvas!
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:The Jalop writer also suggested what many members here do: remove the Suzuki and Kizashi badges. This makes the car even harder to identify because then it simply becomes unknown and unidentifiable to most people.
I saw this done earlier today on a Pontiac G8--no one knew what that car was! Even my wife was like 'what is that?'. I think if ever orphan car marque out there did this it would really start to confuse people as the newish looking ones could be mistaken for new cars. :lol:

Even at 6 years old, our Kizashi still looks modern--I've seen newer cars look older than ours