Rims

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Sentenced1979

Hey, good people.

It's been a while since I was last active. :-/
Life keeps me busy.

I still own my Kizashi. I still love it! Get nothing but positive comments from those who are interested in taking a look at it.

Anyway...

I called my shop yesterday, to schedule an appointment for an oil change, break pads and so forth.

He brought me some annoying news.
When I changed to winter tires last fall, the summer wheels were washed and put into storage there.
He told me, the guy who was handling the wheels had the rims in the washer for too long. It screwed up the paint on them.

He said they would give me a new paint on them, no question.

So, my question here is, what color do I go with? Now that I get a freebie on the paint.
They are/were the original alloy color, 18 inch wheels.
Was thinking maybe I should go with something darker, like the graphite grey.

Attaching a picture of the color I have in mind.

Does anyone have different colors than the original? And no, please, I will not have them painted in pink. :-)

My car is black, so black wheels would make it too black, I think.

Thanks!
Attachments
Rim color
Rim color
mms_20170329_051734.jpg (155.48 KiB) Viewed 7535 times
I burn the gas, Prius owners save.

2011, Suzuki Kizashi SLS.
perry.casey

The finish on the original wheels sucks. The first time I took my car through a car wash it took the finish off in spots. I think the car wash used a pressure washer on the wheels and it took the paint right off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sentenced1979

Thanks, Perry.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. They began spotting. I usually don't go through a car wash. Wash by hand. But there was flaking anyway.

FrankoLaMoya

I actually really like the color of the original 18 inch wheels, but that graphite grey would look nice as well! I just bought another set of wheels for winter myself and I will sell my previous ones...it just suck that winter is over (randomly fell on a good deal).
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
Sentenced1979

We're still getting some snow right now. Yesterday was spring-ish weather.

When I bought the car, almost two years ago, I was debating with myself if I should get winter tires for the original 18" and get something else for summer. But, I wanted to keep the originals for summer and bought a basic, easy to clean set for winter. Enzo G, five spoke wheels, 215/55/17.

I'll try to post a picture, whatever decision I land on. The appointment is at the end of April.

KuroNekko

Sentenced1979 wrote: He told me, the guy who was handling the wheels had the rims in the washer for too long. It screwed up the paint on them.

He said they would give me a new paint on them, no question.
I had nearly the same thing happen to me except the people I was dealing with tried to pretend nothing happened. I complained and got them to repaint the wheels. Indeed, the factory paint job on the car is crap. From the body to the wheels, it's the worst I've ever seen on any car. It chips and flakes so easily. It's a pity as the rest of the car is quite good.

As for the new color, mine turned out darker. However, I didn't request that and it was actually an error on the part of the shop. However, when I saw it, I actually liked it so I told them it was fine. I'd suggest the darker hue given it looks nice and in all honesty, it works wonders to hide brake dust. The wheels won't match the chrome of the exhaust tips and other Kizashi Sport trim pieces, but it gives the car a more unique and custom look.

Here are my wheels before and after. I should say that the repaint job is 100x better than the factory. They clear-coated it multiple times to make sure the wheel paint doesn't flake again.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Sentenced1979

Thanks for your input! Greatly appreciated.

Wow! That's some flaking you had going on before the paint. :-/
Yes, the brake dust is a nuisance. However, I won't take less care of my car, even if the dust doesn't show as much. :-)

That chrome trim is what I'm a bit worried about as well. The wheels gave the car a "whole" look.

KuroNekko

Sentenced1979 wrote:Thanks for your input! Greatly appreciated.

Wow! That's some flaking you had going on before the paint. :-/
Yes, the brake dust is a nuisance. However, I won't take less care of my car, even if the dust doesn't show as much. :-)

That chrome trim is what I'm a bit worried about as well. The wheels gave the car a "whole" look.
Yes, the darker wheels don't give the car a "whole" look as you put it compared to the original look but it does give the car a more customized "stealthy" look. I have some accessories and modifications like tints, window visors, a hood deflector, HID lights, etc. so my car doesn't quite look like a normal Kizashi in promo pictures anyway. The darker wheels simply added to the more customized look.
Sentenced1979

Where did you get the window visors?

KuroNekko

Sentenced1979 wrote:Where did you get the window visors?
I got them a long time ago from a former Suzuki dealer site that has long been defunct.