Kizashi reliability?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
buzz86us

I am looking at getting one of these to use as an Uber car, and with these harsh winters I was thinking something with AWD. Can some of you give me some information as to the cars reliability? My plan is to pay cash and buy the car.. then use my Uber funds to gradually repay my bank account, but I really don't want to be spending most of my money on repairs and such. I was looking at Subaru, but they always have issues with the engines blowing head gaskets. I like driving the Nissan Altima, but they don't make it with AWD which is why I was looking at this car. I'd really like to get the chance to drive one of these before I pull the trigger.
The Kizashi seems to offer the fewest compromises for the price..
WESHOOT2

They have been unbelievably reliable for me, but parts are slowly drying up.

This will be my last Kizashi simply due to that one consideration.
Knightstruth

My car has been super reliable. I even was rear ended (caused 10k worth in damages) and car has run great. Like weshoot2 though I will be getting something else because I don't want to search for parts as the car ages. My favorite car I owned though.
DiggerDerrik

I have 115,000 miles all put on by me. The car has never let me down. Still has original brakes. Rides and drives like new. However mine is not AWD.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
n8dogg

Mine is AWD. I'm at 68000 with only a couple of minor recalls. Nothing has gone wrong. Have been able to do all my own maintenance, which is to say there hasn't been anything too difficult for me to work on (i.e., pads, filters, fluids), changing the headlight bulbs are a bit tricky, but that's it. Warranty still honored until 100k! Has timing CHAIN instead of belt, so one less maintenance item there. Absolutely love this car!
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
KuroNekko

From my personal experience, and that of being on this forum for years, it seems like the Kizashi is a reliable car. The greatest mechanical weakness is the CVT, but failures aren't too common. I think getting the Kizashi likely won't be a bad idea, especially if you want a good value.
That being said, the head gasket issue with Subarus is rather a thing of the past. Subaru resolved that issue literally a decade ago and no longer even uses that series of engines in nearly their entire line-up. Some of the newer ones burn oil if anything, but Subarus are generally a safe choice too. It's their high resale value that make them not so great used cars in terms of getting a good deal. The Kizashi is the better bargain given the Kizashi is much more refined than a Subaru going for the same price.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
FrankoLaMoya

I have a 2012 AWD and I am currently at 77 000 km. No major issue. I had to change brakes, pads, and rotors so far. Oh yeah and a bushing in the back. That car is a beast especially in the snow! I would definitely go with a Kizashi or Impreza if I were you.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
eatrocks

Just got some new tires on my 2012 sls, road noise ive had for the past 50k miles is gone and feels nice and light on the road. 86500 miles so far. Got the rear diff fluid done as specified, oil changes, new battery, and the headlights are only things I've done. I haven't even had the recall work done yet...I can't let some careless mechanic drive it!!

I haven't had that random 10 second cranking on start up in years, I got a sense of how the cvt works with the accelerator and try to avoid that cvt whine. I only hear it when I gotta act to avoid something.

Thou I was informed my right rear shock is leaking...I've known it for a while, its not bad.

It was great in the snows we've had, I wish the awd was like the sx4s.... even with those garbage fuzion tires(which barely grip dry pavement)
Attachments
20170522_190125.jpg
20170522_190125.jpg (201.57 KiB) Viewed 9406 times
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
buzz86us

OK looks like Uber is coming up soon, and from the sounds of some of the recent threads I think I am going to steer clear of the Kizashi I loved the styling, but I was afraid when I saw it used a CVT knowing how unreliable Nissan's are..I guess I will stick with the safe choice on the Toyota Matrix ..... sorry guys really wanted to like this car..:(
SamirD

I purchased our Kizashi just for the snow and it's been great. But if you're going to be using it as a taxi, the gas mileage isn't the greatest and there's not much you can do to milk more out of it. That would be the only downside I'd see. Oh, and space is a bit limited, but you're not going to be hauling 5 people around all the time anyways.