Rear Shock Mount Availability

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
sschriber

Just a heads up . One of my rear shock mounts broke in two. Have ordered part but am told it is on 3-6 week backorder. :( Seems to be a problem since one of the service shops I called has four on order they are waiting for. Am told the car is not safe to drive so I am resorting to buying a used one (lucky to find) at twice the new part price.

Is this something we have to get used to?
2010 Kizahi SE
2011 SX4 Crossover
eatrocks

Woah how'd it break?!? My right rear shock is leaking, been hearing noise in the back going over speedbumps
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
Speed_Racer

eatrocks wrote:Woah how'd it break?!? My right rear shock is leaking, been hearing noise in the back going over speedbumps
Have you had the TSB done on that shock?
TSB file: download/file.php?id=2413
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
LPSISRL

It's interesting to note that Suzuki calls for the same shock absorber part number for all models. We have gone round and round whether the shocks for the S/LE are the same as the GTS/SLS. Seems that they are at least according to this bulletin. I've wondered if the 10mm drop in the GTS/SLS suspension was actually enough of a difference to warrant an entirely different shock. My personal opinion, and it's just that, an opinion, was the compressing the shock an additional 10mm did not change the dampening physics enough to warrant an entirely different part designed part. However,I will submit that it's possible that from the factory they were different but sometime down the road, Suzuki decided to combine.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
sschriber

The mount is not part of the shock absorber but what captures the shock when it is attached to the body in the wheel well.

The bolts are tough. I already sheared one of the ones from the broken part.
2010 Kizahi SE
2011 SX4 Crossover
CG1

That's nuts. And to answer your question, I think you're first victim of this failure type, so this issue would not be considered a normal part of Kizashi ownership. I would love to know the driving force behind this failure.

Also, I have an extra rear mount, but I don't know what side it is off the top of my head. If you haven't completed the purchase I'd be happy to help out with that.
WESHOOT2

(mine are rattling wickedly....)
KuroNekko

sschriber wrote:Just a heads up . One of my rear shock mounts broke in two. Have ordered part but am told it is on 3-6 week backorder. :( Seems to be a problem since one of the service shops I called has four on order they are waiting for. Am told the car is not safe to drive so I am resorting to buying a used one (lucky to find) at twice the new part price.

Is this something we have to get used to?
Did you try some of the online Suzuki parts sites like MonsterFactoryParts? They seem to have a shock mount in stock.
While getting parts is hard and will continue to be a challenge, I think it can be easier if you know where to look. There are sites out there that sell Suzuki parts as their business.

https://monsterfactoryparts.com/parts/2 ... eid=217481
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
barra48

rockauto.com has OEM rear shock mounts for Kizashi.
Thisspock

Does anyone have any more insight into this I can’t seem to find this part anywhere