who know this navigation unit for the kizashi?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
JoachimNiggler

hi

i found this navi somewhere in the net. did anyone know this? :?

in my opinion it fits perfectly to the dash....the question is....where can i get this and is it trash or not :?
Attachments
kizashi navigation unit.jpg
kizashi navigation unit.jpg (60.51 KiB) Viewed 11056 times
Woodie

Welcome

That's just the factory navigation option. I believe it's a Kenwood, someone who has one will probably be able to give you more detail. Musically it is inferior to the stock Rockford Fosgate head unit. I don't see the point of built in navigation units. The phone does a much better job and never needs updating.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
dslatsh

that sure does not look like my nav unit....is this a newer model maybe? I have 2011 and sure looks uglier lol
JoachimNiggler

OK, thank you for that... for me is the navigation-option not necessary. I like the optical fit. I don't like these frames that allows you to attach any 2DIN units.

where can I get such a factory unit? here in austria it is not available...I would also take a used one if someone has one...

in my car is only a stereo CD player (NOT fosgate) will this factory unit fit?
JoachimNiggler

but what do you think about this....

http://www.diycardvd.com/car-android-na ... er-reviews
:roll:
Firefly

There was no Rockford Fosgate head unit. The RF amp and speaker system was pre-amped off a Kenwood head unit, which displayed a Rockford Fosgate splash screen and badge.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
SamirD

dslatsh wrote:that sure does not look like my nav unit....is this a newer model maybe? I have 2011 and sure looks uglier lol
If you have a 2011, you probably have the Kenwood system that looks like an aftermarket add-on. but you probably also have the Rockford Fosgate system that sounds pretty nice. 8-)
dslatsh

SamirD wrote:
dslatsh wrote:that sure does not look like my nav unit....is this a newer model maybe? I have 2011 and sure looks uglier lol
If you have a 2011, you probably have the Kenwood system that looks like an aftermarket add-on. but you probably also have the Rockford Fosgate system that sounds pretty nice. 8-)
It doesn't sound bad...however the nav unit seems to kill it without giving control over subwoofer volume etc.
Vincey1989

Guys please help. i live in south africa. i have a 2012 kizashi and want to upgrade to a nav unit in dash. currently standard radio. but i cannot for the life of me find a unit anywhere
bdleonard

Vincey1989 wrote:Guys please help. i live in south africa. i have a 2012 kizashi and want to upgrade to a nav unit in dash. currently standard radio. but i cannot for the life of me find a unit anywhere
I do not know of any aftermarket plug and play Nav options for the Kizashi. Even if you found one of the OEM factory nav units you would probably still need to add some additional wiring, at minimum for the GPS antenna. The easiest way to add nav will be to select a standard 2-din sized unit with built in navigation (or with android auto / car play if that is you preference), and have it installed (or do that yourself if you are up to it.

Given your location, I doubt you can (or would want to) order from Crutchfield.com, but they can show you the kinds of options available for the vehicle, as well as the installation hardware that you would need. I suggested checking it out, and selecting something local once you figure out what you need.