kizashi gas mileage

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Senegal

from experience, don't use a fuel grade higher than 87. Higher grades actually have less "units of energy" and this car does just fine with the lowest grade.
mkaresh

I conduct a real-world gas mileage survey that's a little more detailed than others, including questions on driving style and conditions. Results so far for the Kizashi here:

Real-world Suzuki Kizashi gas mileage
TrueDelta.com
Car reliability, real-world fuel economy, and price comparisons
uforaverwill

Moto wrote:Has anyone started doing anything to improve gas mileage? ie. swapped for a K&N filter or put in the piggy from road//race (I think it improves mileage slightly).

You'll have to let us know if you find anything. It is best to figure those things out when the car is fairly new so that you can benefit for a longer period of time.

I didn't bother to figure anything out on my protege 5 until I had owned the car for almost 4 years. Now I sort of kick myself for not doing it earlier. The K&N made maybe 1 mpg difference, but my old filter was quite dirty, and taking the roof rack off also added about 1.5 to .5 mpg depending on the wind and the speed I'm driving. Over a long period of time that starts to add up.
I have notice a difference also when using Exxon gas and BP gas. I went to the gas station on April 12th and filled it up at Exxon considering it's a three cents cheaper than BP. My Kizashi was averaging about 28mpg using on highway driving at 60 mph, the following week I filled the tank at BP to see the difference and I am averaging 30mpg. I am impressed and willing to pay the two to three cents more per gallon to get better gas mileage. In the future I will get a K&N air filter and put Full Synthetic Oil to help get 2 - 3 mpg more. :D
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
mkaresh

Any possibility wind strength and direction could have been responsible for the difference? The wind can easily cause a difference of this size.
TrueDelta.com
Car reliability, real-world fuel economy, and price comparisons
NJKizashi

A Trip up to Buffalo in Feb got me about 28.7 MPG...I Drive a bit aggresive..I like to paddle shit alot, and take it to Redline..alot :mrgreen:

Then again, I haven't paid for fuel in 2 yrs, with my company's Gas Card :P