CVT Whine))))))))Fluid change & Stuff

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

Heard my name.....

Changed it once on this one; may/might/maybe I'll do it once more.
Maybe.
Marcov71

Ronzuki wrote:The process to change the fluid and correctly set the level in our CVTs is not a simple one. Read all about it in the FSM. A lot of opportunity to do it wrong (even for the "factory trained" guys). Incorrect level can be devastating to any trans let alone the fickle CVTs. Hence why I haven't bothered.
WOW!! I'm at approaching 96,000. Was waiting to hit 100k mark to have the CVT fluid changed. Now, you're making me have second thoughts... LoL
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
DiggerDerrik

If the fluid was flushed as opposed to a simple drain and fill there are some who say that's bad to do on a higher mileage transmission with old burnt fluid. The argument is that it'll push the dirt and metal particles into the Valve Body.

If you get a new F150 the properly equipped models with the heavy duty payload Package have a tow capacity of 12,000lbs and a payload of about 3,300lbs. Not saying you need it but that is what a 3/4 ton pickup from 7 or so years ago was rated at :lol:
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
Woodie

NJKizashi161 wrote:I'm done with buying anything else with a friggin CVT,,,prob my mistake with rolling the dice on a Goddamn car that they discontinue in the USA. :cry: :evil: :cry:
At 140K the presence or absence of Suzuki doesn't affect your situation at all. I'm with you on the first part though. Automatic transmissions are already a dodgy item, CVT's are a travesty. The point of the Kizashi is that it's a driver's car, not just a bland sedan, how anyone can reconcile that with a CVT completely escapes me.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
WESHOOT2

Easy; I got a bum hip and both knees, etc .
Ronzuki

Woodie wrote: The point of the Kizashi is that it's a driver's car, not just a bland sedan, how anyone can reconcile that with a CVT completely escapes me.
2 words...paddle shifters. Manual mode using the shift lever is also fun, but I prefer the paddles.

The paddles get used heavily and often. Takes the blandness out of the ole CVT. When I'm done fooling around, the car goes right back to normal boring all on its own without any additional effort on my part. Rarely need to use my brakes while driving except to actually stop. Coming from countless years of DDing sticks, can't imagine not having paddles in an automatic of any kind. Yet another thing the next car, should I ever get another actual car, will have to attempt to live up to. Now, is my over use of those things going to hasten the CVT's demise? Maybe, who knows. Meanwhile, I'm havin' fun. :drive:

Digger..no "valve body" in these things. Conventionals yes, and it is true that plaque can be dislodged during flushing causing issues. I was warned before I used to have our old suburban flushed. No matter how the fluid is exchanged, or what type of trans it is, the level has to be set correctly. Even conventionals. It's my impression that these CVTs are far less forgiving of any sort of over/under fill.

My brother just had his GF's 09 SX4 conventional trans flushed a couple weeks ago. By the time he got home it was puking ATF out the trans vent all over the place. Overfilled big time. And yeah, he had it done at a GM dealer equipped with a BG flush machine. Another epic fail by 'the trained pros'.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
dannytrfc

just thought id leave an update in here since my last post in jun 2017, i had the problems with CVT Whine, id like to say my kizash is still going and still whines and i did get it checked out again by suzuki and they once again told me 'its ok dont worry'. So to drown the noise out i got a full custom exhaust fitted and it sounds perfect, i cant hear the whine now!
chazyouwin

Yes, I recall that weshoot2 took it in for the cvt change and posted that he did. It seemed odd, but with his doing it then so did I. $450 at the dealer, needed to be drained out three times - a lot of fluid - that was the explanation for the cost.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
bdleonard

The last page of the CVT TSB here, details the "change" procedure: viewtopic.php?t=4337

If you wanted to be extremely thorough, you could do a "cooler line" exchange where you drain the pan, refill, then disconnect a cooler line and (with a partner) start the motor and pump out a few quarts at a time through the line (refilling between runs) until you've pumped out the full capacity (about 9 quarts)
FrankoLaMoya

Common now....I don't know what to do anymore. I had the CTV oil changed at 50 000 Kilometers and I am currently at 95 000 KM. Do you guys think it is worth it to do it again at 100 000 km or just 150 000km? I don't want anybody to mess up my car good....
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)