Hit and run

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SamirD

I hate to hear of things like this. :evil:

I'm glad you were able to get your car back in decent shape, and the back bumper isn't too bad--a good body shop could probably re-use it after a lot of filling, bending, and mending. 8-)
DiggerDerrik

Awesome new development. My back seat is soaked on the drivers side. Only the part you sit on. Also the trunk pan where the spare tire sits had about a gallon of water in it. I live near Seattle so the car has been exposed to plenty of rain lately. Did some exploring today and I believe it’s coming from the drivers side tail light assembly. I looked online and eBay used ones are going for $70. So I grabbed a tube of $4 silicone and gave that a shot first.

I’d noticed this a month ago and resealed the rear window and trunk. Didn’t solve the issue. Today I noticed water dripping from the tail light. Hopefully this fixes it. 6 months of this could lead to mold issues.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
DiggerDerrik

Also here is the hit and run from my dash cam if anyone is curious. I suggest watching with sound off as I had the radio on quite loud.

2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
KuroNekko

DiggerDerrik wrote:Also here is the hit and run from my dash cam if anyone is curious. I suggest watching with sound off as I had the radio on quite loud.

Damn, that really sucks. Too bad you weren't able to get that license plate. At least you were safe and the Kizashi wasn't done for.
I used a software to read the license plate of the car that nearly hit me. However, the conditions were very different from your incident. For me, it was daytime, the car was right in front, and it wasn't going very fast. I didn't end up doing anything, but I wanted to see if I could get a legible license plate number and I did.
My video is here:

As for the leak, did you thoroughly check the main trunk seal?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
DiggerDerrik

KuroNekko wrote: As for the leak, did you thoroughly check the main trunk seal?
Basically what I did was get a thinner piece of door trim and ran it around the existing one on the trunk seal. That was part of round 1 of trying to fix the issue.

I’m fairly certain I found the issue and it was in the tail light. It’s only wet on the drivers side and if you pull up the carpet piece that covers the spare you can see how water from the tail light could make it’s way to the front of the trunk and onto the seat.
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
SamirD

That sucks. :( I hate people who do this sort of thing and cause lasting grief for those of us that follow the rules. This was third world behavior and should stay there.
golftango

Damn, that sucks. But in the end it worked out for you. By the way, that was a second gen Accord. They can't be too commonplace anymore, I say look on CL etc for a used Accord with front end damage.

2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
DiggerDerrik

golftango wrote:Damn, that sucks. But in the end it worked out for you. By the way, that was a second gen Accord. They can't be too commonplace anymore, I say look on CL etc for a used Accord with front end damage.

I’ve almost forgotten this happened. I’m used to the bumper looking the way it does. Every once and awhile I’ll hear the chrome pieces hanging off the bumper vibrate when I start the car or come to a stop.

It is interesting to find out the exact model. However this was over a year ago and I’m sure that car is either in someone’s back yard or has been recycled into razor blades by now. Pretty sure he dropped his coolant on the pavement that night.

I don’t like watching the video because I don’t like the fact I pursued him. It was a construction zone and I could have caused someone to get hurt. Even though the area we were in was the buffer zone. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

My Kizashi still drives fine and we go past that same spot 5 times a week on my way to work. I was able to buy a couple cool toys with the money. :D :D
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
motosonic

Damn, brother. That sucks bigtime. I feel for ya.
Based on what I've seen here, I need to get a dash cam. Yours seems pretty good. Great exposure in low light. Mind if I ask what it is?
DiggerDerrik

motosonic wrote:Damn, brother. That sucks bigtime. I feel for ya.
Based on what I've seen here, I need to get a dash cam. Yours seems pretty good. Great exposure in low light. Mind if I ask what it is?

That camera is a Rexing. I’ve had it for a few years. I also run the same camera in my work truck. It’s expensive and I don’t recommend getting it simply because of the price. Here’s the link

Rexing V1 Car Dash Cam 2.4" LCD FHD 1080p 170° Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder with G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording

I would look at getting something cheaper that includes a rear facing camera. Something like this.

GELOO 4.0 Inch Dual Lens Car Dash Cam Full HD 1080P Dashboard Camera 170 Degree Wide Angle Car Camera Recorder with WDR Enhance Night Vision, G-Sensor, Parking Mode, Motion Detection, Loop Recording

This is similar to what I have in my pickup. The only issue I have with it is the rear camera inverts the picture when you review it. So it looks like you’re driving on the left side of the road.

I’ve owned about 5 different kinds of dashcams. What I’ve found is they all use the same program to run. Sorta like how all most all PC’s use windows operating system. So the difference runs in the hardware and cost. Most all will max out at a 32 gig micro SD card which if you record in HD will max out at about 7 hours of recording before it starts recording over the older stuff. This time will go down if you have a rear camera. But those aren’t wide angle so they don’t take up as much storage.
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD