Looking at a different Kizashi now...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Capn_Crunch

The $3K Kiz fell through. The owner was flaky and I got a sketchy feeling.

So, I found a red 2010 GTS w/132K on it. The guy who owns it works for a car dealership and has had it maintained there. It had a new engine installed at 80K because the water pump failed and put metal shavings in the coolant. He said he used his pull to have a brand new engine installed rather than risk it. He's firm at $4500 which seems high but he's kept up on all the maintenance, just installed new tires and has a pile of receipts. I know it's a crap shoot on a used orphan but I guess I'll drop the coin and get it as I've been wanting one of these for awhile and they're kind of hard to find. Hopefully I'm catching a bus to Connecticut Sunday and driving it home.
Ronzuki

132k on a Kizashi CVT...hmmm. Seeing how it survived infant mortality and isn't one of the later MY Jatcos built in China (my research indicates 2010s were still under Japanese manufacture) it's likely to be 'ok'. However, it had better drive very well and whine very little for his 'firm' price. If possible get in a few 'spirited driving' miles on your test ride and then see how it sounds afterwards before plunking down your cash.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SamirD

Ronzuki wrote:...whine very little for his 'firm' price.
I've been away too long--what is this whine you speak of? :shock:
Ronzuki

Don't know what to call it other than a whine. Hear it mainly after starting off from a stop sign directly following a good romp through the hilly twisties.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SamirD

Ronzuki wrote:Don't know what to call it other than a whine. Hear it mainly after starting off from a stop sign directly following a good romp through the hilly twisties.
Hmm...would you hear it if you're easy on the throttle (<2k) when starting from a stop?