Any really high mileage Kizashis here?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Capn_Crunch

I'm seeing a lot for sale online with around 140K on the clock. Are there any forum members with 150K plus on their cars? I see a lot of talk about how great these cars are but I don't see anyone really driving the crap out of 'em.
KuroNekko

Capn_Crunch wrote:I'm seeing a lot for sale online with around 140K on the clock. Are there any forum members with 150K plus on their cars? I see a lot of talk about how great these cars are but I don't see anyone really driving the crap out of 'em.
You don't see many with miles exceeding 150,000 for rather simple reasons. The Kizashi debuted in 2009 as a model year 2010 vehicle. This means that at the very earliest, one would be driving an 8 year old vehicle. The average American drives about 12,000 miles a year. Hence, 8 x 12,000 is only 96,000 miles. This means that for a Kizashi to have 150,000+ miles, the owner(s) would have to have driven it way more than the average. It's simple statistics why you don't see many with high mileage, especially for a low volume vehicle.

That being said, if significant repairs are necessary at high mileage (like a CVT replacement), it's simply wiser to ditch the car than repair it for most people. It's because the Kizashi has terrible resale value so the repair would exceed the value of the vehicle. Most people would reason it's wiser to replace the car than repair it at that point. The exceptions would be those who can source the parts and make the repairs themselves.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

WESHOOT2 drove his first Kizashi 165K miles, then bought another that he now has up to 110K. And this is driving the living piss out of it, drives on dirt roads regularly and takes it over 100 mph regularly. I think both cars were AWD CVT.

https://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=750

https://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=114+days
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
WESHOOT2

Still driving "the driving the living piss out of it"; exceeded 100MPH this very morning on my way to work (I notice I've been driving ever more radically. I assume it's due to my age and "Don't give a f__k" attitude).
Seems that every single day there's someplace the Kizashi finds itself (well) above 100......

My 2011 was an AWD S w/CVT; this one is a 2012 AWD GTS Sport.

One small note: Regular cruising (and the gas-mashing needed to get and stay up there) in excess of 100MPH REALLY eats gas :facepalm:
CoryJTurner

Mine has 77k but i do about 50k a year, so ill let you know by 8/2019 8-)