1.5 turbo Civic test drive

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

Not to sound too harsh, but:

--2018 Camry Hybrid LE or SE = I'm not my grandmother

--2017 Sonata Limited for about $12,000 off sticker - you get what you pay for (and they know what it's worth)

Ah, I love April Fools Day........
Triggerhappy

WESHOOT2 wrote:Not to sound too harsh, but:

--2017 Sonata Limited for about $12,000 off sticker - you get what you pay for (and they know what it's worth)

That wasn't a suggestion directed towards you so you know where you can shove it.

He wanted something reliable and gets good gas mileage and that's what I suggested.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
Ronzuki

golftango wrote:For me it was the Accord Sport SE 6MT.

Coming from a FWD 6MT Kizashi S, it was the most logical. The Accord had a slick shifting 6MT, better than the Kizashi. It's quieter and roomier. What carried over was the simplicity. There's not a lot of tech in the Accord, something I appreciate. It's basic and has enough goodies to keep me happy, just like the Kizashi did.
Ironically I was behind one of these for 10 or so miles on the way to work one day last week and thought...hmmm, from a 'looks' and size perspective, it might be a future contender. I'm glad to read that you feel it is simplistic in nature. The next biggest obstacle for me would be, how does it drive and handle? SHOOT claims Honda has nuthin'.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Knightstruth

Triggerhappy wrote:
WESHOOT2 wrote:Not to sound too harsh, but:

That wasn't a suggestion directed towards you so you know where you can shove it.

Thanks for the suggestion I will look into the Camry. Wow 12,000 off the sticker that is a good deal. I was just looking into the Sonata, though it was the plug-in version. Does the limited have a good sound system?

He wanted something reliable and gets good gas mileage and that's what I suggested.
Triggerhappy

Knightstruth wrote: Thanks for the suggestion I will look into the Camry. Wow 12,000 off the sticker that is a good deal. I was just looking into the Sonata, though it was the plug-in version. Does the limited have a good sound system?
I'm not an audiophile so I can't comment on the sound system. Also, my Limited did not have the optional Tech package that has the upgraded Infinity sound system. It's best if you test drive it and set it up to how you like music. The 2018 Sonata is a mid-cycle refresh, there's a new 8 speed in the 2.0T version. There's only about 400 2017 Sonata Limited left so you may have to travel far to get a good deal.

The plug-in version is not worth it, the rebate for it is about $3000 less, and the range is only about 25 miles. It also has a smaller trunk, 9.9 cu ft.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
WESHOOT2

Here, as in life, I try to approach things with a true sense of humor.

I'll shove that into my joke book.......

"Lighten up, Francis"
FrankoLaMoya

The Camry would be a great contender, but like WESHOOT2 mentionned it is more of a conservative looking (they are getting more agressive years after years tho). Good reply by the way WESHOOT2 lol I personally really like the Sonata especially the model with the double exhaust, but reviews say the Audio system is not that great if you don't go with the infinity one. It depends if it is a prority for you (it is for me, Rockford Fosgate system in the Kizashi is awesome).

On a different note, what do you think about any model of the new Civic in regards to their look not the specs? Personally I hate them all....I did not mind the Civic coupe back in the days, but all their models are so ugly (past 3-4 years anyway).
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
SamirD

A car I recently had the opportunity to drive was a Hyundai Elantra 4dr. What amazed me was how fuel efficient the car was, easily getting 45+ on the highway and usually over 50 if I was driving feather-footed. The drive has a feel very similar to my 94 Accord--planted, in touch with the road without being harsh like a sports car or mushy like a touring car. Definitely not in the same category as the Kizashi in terms of handling or interior refinement, but definitely better in terms of gas mileage and a real feeling for being of the same bullet-proof reliable genre as the Japanese cars of the early and mid 1990s.
golftango

Ronzuki wrote:
golftango wrote:For me it was the Accord Sport SE 6MT.

Coming from a FWD 6MT Kizashi S, it was the most logical. The Accord had a slick shifting 6MT, better than the Kizashi. It's quieter and roomier. What carried over was the simplicity. There's not a lot of tech in the Accord, something I appreciate. It's basic and has enough goodies to keep me happy, just like the Kizashi did.
Ironically I was behind one of these for 10 or so miles on the way to work one day last week and thought...hmmm, from a 'looks' and size perspective, it might be a future contender. I'm glad to read that you feel it is simplistic in nature. The next biggest obstacle for me would be, how does it drive and handle? SHOOT claims Honda has nuthin'.
I think the Accord Sport with the 6MT is reminiscent of the old school Honda. Great steering response and feel, can handle well for a sedan and is connected to its roots. Here's some good feedback with the 6MT.

Honda has nuthin'? Maybe when it comes to AWD sedans, yes, but they have the right formula to put out some impressive daily drivers. Civic Type R anyone? I mean with record time at Nürburgring becoming the fastest front-wheel-drive car. That's not nuthin'.

C&D tested their Sport with a 6.6 0-60 time, not bad considering. Beats the socks off the Kizashi performance wise.

This guys drives how I imagine Weshoot does :D

And my Accord for reference.

2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
WESHOOT2

Without question, the Type R is the most serious driver-oriented FWD available.
It is virtually a race car, but includes daily livability.

The Accord Sport stick is the best cheap family sedan for drivers.

But I gotta gotta gotta have (preferably performance-postured) AWD.

IMNSHO, Hondas offer best-in-class:

Civic
Accord
CR-V
Odyssey
Fit
Ridgeline

I dream of a CR-V Si, or a AWD DSG Type R........