1.5 turbo Civic test drive

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SamirD

Maybe it's just me, but the Civic Type R exterior seems like an exaggerated version of a Subaru WRX STi. Just too many angles that seem to be aggressive just for the sake of being aggressive. I'd take a classic NSX instead if the price was the same.
golftango

My dealer has two Type Rs. Both $10K over MSRP. Nuts.

2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
SamirD

I remember when GTRs had markups like that. Once the supply improves these 'market adjustments' will be gone.
WESHOOT2

.....except Honda is limiting production to 2,700 2017 models, and 3,000 per year after.....
golftango

WESHOOT2 wrote:.....except Honda is limiting production to 2,700 2017 models, and 3,000 per year after.....
This.
Speed_Racer

I'm not a fan of the current Civic's styling. Either too visually bloated (lower models) or overdone (Type R).

However IMO the upcoming Accord really nails the fastback look a lot better than the Civic. Plus the Sport model will have a detuned 2.0 from the Type R plus a six-speed.

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
golftango

Speed_Racer wrote:I'm not a fan of the current Civic's styling. Either too visually bloated (lower models) or overdone (Type R).

However IMO the upcoming Accord really nails the fastback look a lot better than the Civic. Plus the Sport model will have a detuned 2.0 from the Type R plus a six-speed.

You mean the Honda Malibu? Ugh, I think Honda ruined the 10th gen Accord. The interior is excellent, but that exterior is horrid. Not to mention them dropping the V6 and turning to turbo 4s. The 9th gen Accord V6 MPG numbers are quite good, not sure why they did that.

If I had to chose between the Accord 2.0t and the Camry V6, the Camry would win.
WESHOOT2

As always, if it matters, the decision will be based on its drive.......
KuroNekko

I think the Type-R is very neat, but there is a lot of hype due to the novelty of the vehicle to the US. I recall the same about the WRX, STI, Evo, Focus ST, Focus RS, Golf R, and the GT-R. Basically, people get really excited when mythical and forbidden cars finally have USDM versions.
I think people are very excited over the Type-R given it's reminiscent of the days when Hondas were tuner cars about 20 years ago. Since then, Honda seemed to get complacent with making great people-movers, but not much for sports compact enthusiasts like in the past. It's also coming at a time when rival Japanese vehicles have gone on hiatus or have stagnated. The STI is ancient now and the Evo is now dead with "Do Not Resuscitate" labeled on it. Mazda currently offers zero Mazdaspeed models. The GT-R is a considerable league above but is about a decade old. I think these factors play into the Civic Type-R hype though I'm sure the car is great.
However, with a new Toyota Supra on the horizon, I'm sure the Type-R will lose some of its hype soon.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

If they can keep the Supra's price in the $30--42K range (not seeing THAT happening, sadly), the Type R will fade from all but fan-boys radar.....

ps I literally hate FWD