USB Port Not Working with Iphone Correctly

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
pdaddy1967

I just recently purchase my Kizashi so far I like it very much, I do have a problem when I plug in my IPhone 4 to the USB port. It tells me it will not optimize with this device, I also tried a Iphone 3GS and Same results, But I did try a Ipod Touch 4 and that works just fine. Anyone have any clue what I can do to fix this issue ? Also it does seem to work well when I blue tooth it, But I'd rather be able to do either being a new car and all.

Thanks
metatrox

Almost all accessories will say that about the iPhone. It's normal. My iPhone 4 says that also. But it works fine when playing the audio.

I typically use Bluetooth though. Mainly because the quality is almost as good plus the menu system for browsing the iPhone on the car radio isn't all that good. It's much easier to find on the phone. Especially by artist. But of course it's not handsfree.
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
pdaddy1967

Thanks for the Info, Mine does play but the audio is really poor threw the port.
metatrox

That's odd. Mine works good. Both my wifes and mine. Is the phone up to date?

I know my iPad doesn't work at all.
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
Jezza

I have tried about eight iPhones in my car. Two of them refuse to work, they were 3GS's and one had operating system 4.0.1. I've tried other 3GS's (not sure on specific operating system, but definitely 4) and they worked, although not always the first time you plugged them in, sometimes you had to unplug and replug it back in.

iPod touch's seem to work fine, tried an iPod classic and the car said unsupported. It seems that it's the luck of the draw sometimes whether it's going to work or not. Makes it hard to go out and ebay purchase an iPod when you have no idea if it's going to work.
Jezza
gentle_ben

My iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 both worked perfectly through the USB port before, however things have changed recently.

We had the rear sub go out in our car, common issue, Suzuki replaced it after waiting about a month.

We get the car back, plug in the iPhone 3G to test out the sub and all of a sudden we are getting little pops and squeaks through all the front speakers, the music hesitates and skips parts at times, and the worst part is that the volume of the music changes on its own.

It worked flawlessly before the sub change, so I am somewhat blaming it on that (I know the sub has nothing to do with it, but they must have down something to cause this issue).

Its at the dealer right now getting looked at.
mapeterson2

This is very good info to know since I happen to have 3 different iPods and in iPhone 4. I hope mine all work when I get mine...
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
Puppy80

gentle_ben wrote:My iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 both worked perfectly through the USB port before, however things have changed recently.

We had the rear sub go out in our car, common issue, Suzuki replaced it after waiting about a month.

We get the car back, plug in the iPhone 3G to test out the sub and all of a sudden we are getting little pops and squeaks through all the front speakers, the music hesitates and skips parts at times, and the worst part is that the volume of the music changes on its own.

It worked flawlessly before the sub change, so I am somewhat blaming it on that (I know the sub has nothing to do with it, but they must have down something to cause this issue).

I've noticed mine is satting to do the same thing. I'll get pops in the music, like an old cassett tape. I'm wondering if it's apple's audio out through the dock .
mapeterson2

Puppy80 wrote:
gentle_ben wrote:My iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 both worked perfectly through the USB port before, however things have changed recently.

I've noticed mine is starting to do the same thing. I'll get pops in the music, like an old cassette tape. I'm wondering if it's apple's audio out through the dock .

Not trying to sound like an Apple fan boy but I have a feeling this is not Apple's fault... If they work perfectly fine before then they don't in the car, hmmm... maybe the car?
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
gentle_ben

Yeah its not the phone, as stated the audio worked flawlessly for 3 months from the phone to the car stereo, then after the sub change it went to crap.

On another note, this is the first vehicle my wife and I have owned with integrated bluetooth and an iPod compatible factory stereo, and other than the problems listed, we have been LOVING it. My wife has to make a 12 hour drive every two weeks, and I load up audio books on the iPhone for her and it makes the trip go by a lot quicker.