Alpine ilx-207 in the Scosche trim

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
chazyouwin

Yes, very glad to see you. I think one time just this past week I need to unplug the phone. Pushing the lighted musical note button in the lower left hand corner, or just waiting, has typically gotten it going if there is a stutter. The back and forth between the wireless Bluetooth and the wired Carplay is perhaps not as elegant as it could ideally be.
In that regard, I'd like to match the Bluetooth wireless volume with the enhanced Carplay volume - there must be some way. Let me know if you find the best solutions.
Right now, the ilx-107 in our Grand Vitara is occupying me more - I have to run a ground wire up from a floor bolt just to get the steering controls to work consistently (no grounding bolt convenient, and the pin-out ground seems insufficient for some reason).
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
chazyouwin

Picked up a cheap Moto Android phone to test out the Android Auto on this ilx-207 unit; sounds great when it can get connected. A little complicated though with all of the BT and connection fighting for prime time on the head unit. I didn't want to pay for a line and so am using it tethered by wifi to the Apple IPhone which I have registered on AT&T. Then as yet another problem I thought, incorrectly, that I could use any microUSB cord (nope, you need the one in the Hello Moto box, or so it seems).
But I can get with a little time (five minutes) Waze and Google Maps displayed and working smoothly on the unit through Android Auto and the wifi tethered connection, which was the main point of the experiment. No one in our family wants to have to use Apple Maps.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
chazyouwin

In case anyone is interested in this IPhone Carplay and Android dual-with-single-cell-phone-paid line setup, I've figured out that the tethering connection issues are resolved basically by a quick reset back and forth on the green option button for hotspot in the Iphone.

So for example when the Moto Android and the Alpine unit are showing Waze and playing music, sourced from the Iphone and "tethered" to it through wifi, and I stop the car, the Moto loses the tethering when I walk away from the car (because I leave the Moto in the car, on, and take the Iphone with me). Then when I get back in the car, I've discovered that all I need to do is re-establish the tethering, and that is done by the quick reset noted above. The Iphone and Moto get synced automatically, and after a short time I can see Waze again. (Now the question is why don't I just switch from Iphone to Android altogether, but since I'm not paying extra for any line I don't need to answer this just yet.)