Acceleration time Questions (Sport SLS Manual)

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
CamdenBurgess

Does anyone know the estimates of the 0-60mph times of all the kizashis? I'm more particularly wondering a good estimate of the time for the 2011 sport SLS time for a 6speed. Being that this car is so rare, I'm having a very hard time finding an actual time haha. Any help would be appreciated.
2011 6 Speed Manual Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS
Previous Saab 9-3 Aero boy :)
KuroNekko

CamdenBurgess wrote:Does anyone know the estimates of the 0-60mph times of all the kizashis? I'm more particularly wondering a good estimate of the time for the 2011 sport SLS time for a 6speed. Being that this car is so rare, I'm having a very hard time finding an actual time haha. Any help would be appreciated.
It's around 7.4 seconds for a FWD manual. The fastest I've seen a publication clock one is 7.1 seconds but it's typically in the mid-7 second range. Keep in mind that the AWD versions are significantly slower with their extra weight and the CVT. They often clock in at the mid-9 second range from what I've read.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
AirRideFan

KuroNekko wrote:
CamdenBurgess wrote:Does anyone know the estimates of the 0-60mph times of all the kizashis? I'm more particularly wondering a good estimate of the time for the 2011 sport SLS time for a 6speed. Being that this car is so rare, I'm having a very hard time finding an actual time haha. Any help would be appreciated.
It's around 7.4 seconds for a FWD manual. The fastest I've seen a publication clock one is 7.1 seconds but it's typically in the mid-7 second range. Keep in mind that the AWD versions are significantly slower with their extra weight and the CVT. They often clock in at the mid-9 second range from what I've read.
I want to buy another Kizashi now! lol... Finding a clean GTS or SLS is like finding a cookie crumb in the beige carpet on the largest floor of a mansion. hah

I'm tired of the CVT, but really love the Kizashi.
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
KlutzNinja

I know this question was posed years ago, but I just thought I’d add there’s a website for 0-60 times, and as Kuro said, the manual is in the low-to-mid 7-second range, while the AWD models are mid 9-second range. For some reason the publications only ever got manual and AWD Kizashis, but not CVT FWD models. But on one particular 0-60 website they listed a Kizashi with a CVT got to 60MPH in about 8.4 seconds. I don’t remember if it said explicitly it was FWD but it would make sense the lighter FWD models with the lackadaisical CVT would split the difference between the heavy AWD, CVT-equipped models and the light FWD-only manual models.
As an owner of a FWD CVT model, I was interested in this figure, too, and so while there’s not much backing up this particular time, I consider it to be my car’s 0-60 time. But driving like that isn’t good for the fragile transmission so I don’t think I’ve ever experienced it lol.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
AirRideFan

KlutzNinja wrote:
I know this question was posed years ago, but I just thought I’d add there’s a website for 0-60 times, and as Kuro said, the manual is in the low-to-mid 7-second range, while the AWD models are mid 9-second range. For some reason the publications only ever got manual and AWD Kizashis, but not CVT FWD models. But on one particular 0-60 website they listed a Kizashi with a CVT got to 60MPH in about 8.4 seconds. I don’t remember if it said explicitly it was FWD but it would make sense the lighter FWD models with the lackadaisical CVT would split the difference between the heavy AWD, CVT-equipped models and the light FWD-only manual models.
As an owner of a FWD CVT model, I was interested in this figure, too, and so while there’s not much backing up this particular time, I consider it to be my car’s 0-60 time. But driving like that isn’t good for the fragile transmission so I don’t think I’ve ever experienced it lol.
KlutzNinja-- AWESOME info my friend. Thanks so much...

Yeah- If I wouldn't known the AWD made it sooo much more sluggish- I def would've went out of my way to find a FWD Sport SLS from out of state instead. The AWD allows me to get up my driveway, even when my snow tires aren't in the best shape--- but other than that--- I regret all the extra added weight, EVERY SINGLE DAIL of my DAILY DRIVING life. lol
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

NickL

The funny thing about Kizashi ist that version with manual Transmission takes under 8 seconds to 60, and for example Accord for Europen market from similar age makes it in 8 seconds but it has 23 hp more than Kizashi. Not to mention that Kizashi is cheaper than accord as second hand Vehicle.

Thats why I love Kizashi. Because many people have no idea how godd this car is. :)
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
Tom Kizzie

The Accord has a (litlle) higher topspeed.
kizashi 6mt black
NickL

Most probably you are right, but then again, with Kizashi you get a bit better miles per gallons....
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
AirRideFan

CamdenBurgess wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:02 am Does anyone know the estimates of the 0-60mph times of all the kizashis? I'm more particularly wondering a good estimate of the time for the 2011 sport SLS time for a 6speed. Being that this car is so rare, I'm having a very hard time finding an actual time haha. Any help would be appreciated.
Yo... can you share some photo's of your 6-speed Kizashi? I want to check it out.
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS