TPMS sensors- $45? No, but $50 each!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
sloopercat

$30 to reset at the dealer. Hopefully it will still recognize the other set. My other cars have done that, but with Suzuki logic, who knows.

Be there in the AM tomorrow to have them do it.
sloopercat

They work!
Moto
Site Admin

Thanks, good to know.
Zeid

Sloopercat,

Has the light come back on? I'm planning on buying 16'' General Altimax Arctic tires for two Kizashis. I'm planning to get them on 16'' wheels and the sensors as well, all from TireRack.com
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com
mapeterson2

Sweet, this is good to read. Even with the $30 dealer "fee," it's still cheaper than going to get completely different ones almost anywhere else.
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
sloopercat

All is OK. I have put quite a few miles on. Car has sat for a week, as I travel a lot. Will drive it again Friday. If it was going to malfunction, it would have by now.
Blackbelt

Interesting thread. First of all, i am a HUGE believer in winter tires. I have a Caliber AWD and an SX-4 AWD and have winter tires for both. Currently blizzaks for my Caliber and Firestone winterforce on my Suzuki. The blizzaks work great, even on ice. AWD's will go with most any tire, but do not stop or steer any better than a 2WD vehicle. The tires make the difference. A winter tire will allow for a car to stop in a shorter distance than all seasons in the snow, and that extra distance can easily be the difference between hitting and not hitting something. To me, it's well worth it. Sure, the winter tires and extra rims cost you some $$, but they also save wear on your summer rubber, so it lasts longer.
However
I did not bother with the TPMS for my SX-4. My Cali doesn't have TPMS, so no worries there. My SX-4 does. I used the stock rims for the winter tires, and bought a set of used Akuza rims for the summer, put the stock tires on them, with no sensors. So the light comes on. I ignore it. Not worth it to me to spend that much money to make a light go out.
I will probably buy a set of rims for my new Kizashi, and use the stock steelies for winter tires. Next winter maybe, i will drive my caliber whenever it snows this winter. This will be my 4th winter on the blizzaks, and most likely i will retire them after this winter, as they will be close to 6/32 by the end of the winter.
Dave
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
Blackbelt

Well, i got my first experience with the TPMS in the Kizashi the other night when the temp dipped into the 20's. I was taking my woife, son and his GF out to dinner and the flashing light popped on, the light in the speedo popped on, and the center display turned yellow. I thought, OK, that flashing trianlge and center display are to get my attention and will soon stop. LOL, wishful thinking. All that would happen in my SX4 is a little yellow light would blink for one minute then stay lit. easy to ignore.
I guess if a get a set of rims i am going to have to bite the bullet and get the sensors. No way could i put up with that thing blinking like that.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
Zeid

Did the display remain yellow the whole time? I was planning on putting black tape over the low tire pressure light next to the speedometer and the orange triangle. Does it "ding" too? When I left my trunk open to fit a Christmas tree yesterday, the displayed turned yellow, showed the car symbol with the trunk open, and "dinged" everytime I accelerated from 0 MPH.
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com
Blackbelt

Yep, stayed yellow the whole time and the yellow warning triangle flashed the whole time. Overkill. Thanks again to Firestone, the ford explorer, and the nanny state US government. :evil: :evil: :evil:
2010 Kizashi S AWD