new to me Kizzy! FWD/AWD wheel hub/bearing question

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
diegobear

Hi everyone, I just purchased a 2010 S Kizzy (manual) last week and I'm looking forward to giving this car the maintenance it needs to kick some ass.

The front wheel bearings are on their way out so I've been looking up parts to replace the wheel hub itself so that way I dont have to mess with pressing out a bearing myself.

Looking at a few online parts catalogs, I notice that the hub assemblies are the same across all models in the front, but in the rear they catalog them differently for AWD and FWD(mine) versions. What gives me pause is that Raybestos makes a rear hub assembly that doesnt differentiate between AWD and FWD.

Does anyone know if the kizashi wheel hub assemblies for the rear are different between AWD and FWD? I'm wondering if this isnt just another example of differing part numbers unnecessarily, a la KYB shocks and strut part numbers for the higher Kizashi trimlines.

help!
KuroNekko

The hubs transmit the drivetrain's power so they would have to be different between AWD and FWD models. The rear hubs for a FWD model don't connect to an axle.

Also, the Kizashi vs. Kizashi Sport have different strut and shock part numbers because they are likely different parts. Not sure if you know but the Kizashi Sport has a 10mm lower suspension that the Kizashi hence the dampers likely have different valving. While they may be compatible, they may not be exactly the same due to this.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
DiggerDerrik

I looked for the rear hub on a FWD and found one from O’Reillys. Completely different from the front one. Also it’s a real wallet drainer too
Attachments
A8C93A0F-A4BC-4481-A558-CBF3946D6A50.jpeg
A8C93A0F-A4BC-4481-A558-CBF3946D6A50.jpeg (268.38 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
diegobear

KuroNekko wrote:The hubs transmit the drivetrain's power so they would have to be different between AWD and FWD models. The rear hubs for a FWD model don't connect to an axle.
That makes so much sense, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Still, I wonder why the Raybestos hub doesn't differentiate -- I wonder if it's FWD or AWD

I may just replace the front two wheel hub assemblies and leave the rear for another day.

Thanks guys

KuroNekko wrote:Also, the Kizashi vs. Kizashi Sport have different strut and shock part numbers because they are likely different parts. Not sure if you know but the Kizashi Sport has a 10mm lower suspension that the Kizashi hence the dampers likely have different valving. While they may be compatible, they may not be exactly the same due to this.
Yeah, I read the entire thread [viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3708]
I'll be switching those out too, soon.
KuroNekko

diegobear wrote: That makes so much sense, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Still, I wonder why the Raybestos hub doesn't differentiate -- I wonder if it's FWD or AWD
If there is a picture of it, that will tell. Hubs that are driven with an axle have a hole with splines in them. Hubs that aren't connected to an axle have a cover.
For example, below is a rear hub for an AWD Kizashi from TIMKEN.

Below is a rear hub for a FWD Kizashi from TIMKEN.

See the difference?
diegobear wrote: Yeah, I read the entire thread [viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3708]
I'll be switching those out too, soon.
Your Kizashi is easy to supply the rear shocks for. It uses the KYB aftermarket replacements which are cheap and easy to find.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)