The life of Craig's Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Evanzo7

Hey all,

Thought I'd start up this thread as I've seen some of a similar nature floating about.

I'm going to post updates about the life & times of my Kizashi.
Knowing me it will probably go through many different phases of modifications etc and many journeys as well, so thought it might be nice to document them here, hear thoughts from you guys & any stories you might have of something similar! :)

So to start things off, I bought mine on Thursday 19th October over in Perth, Scotland, pretty much on the east coast of the country. First thing I did with it was drive all the way over to the west coast, to Oban, as I was starting work after a month off that afternoon.
It was a nice 94 odd mile journey that took me just over 2 hours to complete. There was some lovely roads on the way, which gave me plenty of time to feel how the car drove & what the next couple years of my life with it would be like.
I was gutted when I finally reached Oban as I just wanted to keep driving. Issue I have now is, I'm halfway through working my 2 weeks at work. I work on a boat, so when I'm away for 2 weeks I get to do very little driving, so buying the Kizashi & barely getting to touch it for 2 weeks is driving me insane!

Here is some pictures I took of it when I arrived in Oban!
Attachments
22712354_1637854782933973_441183463412553407_o.jpg
22712354_1637854782933973_441183463412553407_o.jpg (342.14 KiB) Viewed 13937 times
22664321_1637848552934596_1263159279_o.jpg
22664321_1637848552934596_1263159279_o.jpg (565.07 KiB) Viewed 13937 times
22662720_1637848502934601_1164429530_o.jpg
22662720_1637848502934601_1164429530_o.jpg (556.21 KiB) Viewed 13937 times
"If in doubt , flat out" - Colin McRae 1968 -2007
WESHOOT2

Jeez that car is so clean!

Nice car.....
KuroNekko

Wow, it only took you 2 hours to cross from East Coast to West Coast in your country? I did the same in my Kizashi this summer and it took me 3 whole days.
:lol:

As you noted, there are a few threads that chronicle the journey of Kizashis owned by members here. Weshoot2 is on his second, putting them through a trial of high speed abuse often on unpaved roads. While I don't have an active log for my Kizashi, I do document certain trips or experiences like my cross country trip. I also document upgrades, repairs, etc.

It would be great to see a new thread on a Kizashi owned in Scotland. Maybe first start off by going in detail about the features you have on your car. It likely has some we don't have. It's also rumored that UK models don't have a trunk release button like ours. It's located between the hood latch release and the fog light button. Does yours have one?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
DiggerDerrik

Sweet ride man. What year is that car? Do they still sell them new in Scotland?
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
Evanzo7

KuroNekko wrote:Wow, it only took you 2 hours to cross from East Coast to West Coast in your country? I did the same in my Kizashi this summer and it took me 3 whole days.
:lol:

It would be great to see a new thread on a Kizashi owned in Scotland. Maybe first start off by going in detail about the features you have on your car. It likely has some we don't have. It's also rumored that UK models don't have a trunk release button like ours. It's located between the hood latch release and the fog light button. Does yours have one?
Yup, Scotland is pretty small compared to the USA, could do the whole length of the UK no bother in a whole day if you really wanted :lol:

Sounds like a good idea, not something I've ever done before, so might be worth going into something like that. I know already that you know a hell of a lot more about my car than I do! ;)
It doesn't have a trunk/boot release, only on the key fob itself, I'll post a picture below.
DiggerDerrik wrote:Sweet ride man. What year is that car? Do they still sell them new in Scotland?
This is a 2013 model & it is the newest one I've seen for sale. Not many second hand Kizashi's floating about, so I was lucky to grab this one!

So, I'm still stuck at work, 6 days to go before I have some freedom. :drive:
Today however a parcel arrived, it was some Wind Deflectors that I ordered. They always end up being the first thing I order for any car I own. :lol:
I went & installed them on the car tonight but it was too dark to take a picture of the car sadly, so hopefully if I get an early finish one day I'll grab a quick picture.
Wind Deflectors tend to be fidgety things to fit but these seemed to go in relatively alright, rear ones went in very easy but took a bit of sticking to stop the windows getting caught on them.
Attachments
IMG_2309.JPG
IMG_2309.JPG (1.61 MiB) Viewed 13876 times
IMG_2308.JPG
IMG_2308.JPG (1.41 MiB) Viewed 13876 times
KuroNekko

Interesting... your fob doesn't have a panic button. Most remotes and fobs in the US have a "Panic" button which is something you press and hold to set off the car's alarm. It's used as a deterrent or safety function.
I tried to use it once when I was working and had to go to a rough part of the city. A group of young guys started hanging around my car, leaning on it and stuff. At one point, one of them started taking interest in my car and started picking at the "Kizashi" emblem. I tried to set off the alarm with the panic button, but I didn't know it was something you had to press and hold. At the time I figured the batteries were too low so it wasn't going to work. That's when I went outside with my .44 Magnum... just kidding. The guys soon went away so it wasn't a big deal but after that, I made sure to know how to use the panic function properly.

Here's a picture of a USDM Kizashi fob.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Evanzo7 wrote:Wind Deflectors tend to be fidgety things to fit but these seemed to go in relatively alright, rear ones went in very easy but took a bit of sticking to stop the windows getting caught on them.
Wait! Are they the kind that go up inside the rubber window seal and don't have sticky tape? I wish I had that kind, but when I got mine all I could find was the stick on version.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Evanzo7

Woodie wrote:Wait! Are they the kind that go up inside the rubber window seal and don't have sticky tape? I wish I had that kind, but when I got mine all I could find was the stick on version.
They did have sticky tape on parts of the edges, not very good to be honest, even the metal clips you get given to help push it into place are pretty rubbish too!

I won't be using the car for a few days, so I'm hoping that they'll but stuck on nicely when I get back to it.
If not I'll find some sort of sticky tape or something similar which will keep them in place!

These are the ones I bought - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-KIZASH ... 2749.l2649
Evanzo7

Work sent me home 2 days early due to being ill & they didn't want me spreading anything to the customers.
So despite being severely under the weather I was able to have a long drive in the Kizashi to get me back home.
This car is just so easy to drive, its great! Could just cruise down the road & not have to worry too much. I also got to learn a few things about the car as I drove. One of those being the option to slide the gear stick over to manual. I thought it was just the paddles for manual. I still haven't figured out how the change the time on the clock though :lol:

Will try & get some pictures of it tomorrow with the Wind Deflectors. I may also go for a spin to find the other local Kizashi & get a picture of them together! 8-)
DiggerDerrik

Evanzo7 wrote: I still haven't figured out how the change the time on the clock though :lol:
8-)
If you have the Rockford Fosgate stereo there are buttons on the screen to adjust the time. They’re hidden in plain sight. I had to look at the owners manual to figure it out once cause I had forgotten where they were :facepalm:
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7