All wheel drive. Anyone notice a difference?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

I live in sunny Vermont, and I already have 4400m on my car picked up 12/23.
It tracks like a locomotive on the snow-blasted Interstate.
It chews through with aplomb our snow-piled secondary and dirt roads.
It follows my steering input.

Yes I have snow tires (General Altimax Artic 205/55 R16; yes I know they're 'small').

I have only run it in FWD mode occassionally on the Interstate, mainly to observe MPG differences; I run AWD virtually all the time, because I drive like that :mrgreen:

So far, way less twitchy than my last four or five Subarus.......
kayjay

Drove St Louis to Kansas City during the mid-January blizzard. 30 mph in 6" of slush on I-70 for over 100 miles. Kizashi never wiggled in AWD. The road finally cleared up toward midday, but still wet and icy in spots. but with a little common sense and looking ahead, never had any problems. I am SOLD! Tracking was true and firm, and all this was with stock 18" tires. Great job, Suzuki.
jimmerz

Blackbelt wrote:
Senegal wrote:as it was explained to me once.....the "AWD" button will put the car primarily into a 50/50 distribution.

The AWD Kizashi's always have the AWD on (even with AWD button off), and if needed traction control will use it to distribute power to the rear or back to the front.

Even if you push the button for "AWD" and put the car into 50/50, if the car senses stable traction for a given distance/speed..it will switch back to it's "regular" distribution to save gas.

we should wait for the snow season to test out these theories.
When the AWD button is off, it is FWD only. I tried to climb my steep snow covered driveway with it off, and i got halfway up and front tires were spinning like mad and couldn't move. I pushed the AWD button and drove right up with no wheelspin at all.

I dont have a very steep driveway but steep enough when it is snow and ice to not make it up (from a stand still) without the AWD on. Drives very nice through the snow. I do have 4 snows on as well though.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
xwiredtva

If you don't notice a difference, drive faster. its there.
CCS77

xwiredtva wrote:If you don't notice a difference, drive faster. its there.

This.

The Kizashi digs into corners like mad with AWD on!
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD