OEM Brakes

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
11zukizashi

Hey guys, long time no post.

I am at 55k miles and my brakes were warped and doing a lot of shuddering so I went to the closest Zuki service center and had the front pads and rotors replaced. They specifically told me they use OEM parts and that they are one of the last ones that still do. I trusted them, but after a couple weeks to break them in, the brakes do not feel at all like they should. The pedal feels spongy compared to what the Kizashi should feel like. Its not BAD per se, its about normal for a camry or something, but that Kizashi bite is not there.

I am wondering if I have been had and they used cheapo pads? Or could I have air in the lines and I need to do a fluid flush? I looked at the pads through the wheel and the markings say: QS725FF N17 18/08/2017.

Thanks for the help!
KuroNekko

Sounds like air in the lines. Take it back and have them bleed the lines of air. That should help.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

Agreed. Pads and rotors will not make it spongy. But air in the lines will. Did they do a fluid change?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
11zukizashi

I don’t think they changed the fluid thats why I suspected air. I just dropped it off at a local garage for a bleed and new fluid. They have vacuum and pressure systems they said they will use the pressure system. Also asked them to look for any indication that the new equipment is OEM Suzuki.
11zukizashi

Update: fresh dot 3 fluid and bleed. Brakes have the Kizashi bite again. Nice! 130 bucks later :roll: