Kizashi Coolant

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
gwellsmore

Hi Eveyone,

I just want to give you all the heads up in regards to the correct coolant to use.
Please use only Suzuki Super Blue. It's the correct one to use in all Kizashi models.
I have seen 3 Kizashi vehicles come through my workshop with inconsistent coloring and a pale brown overflow from the green cap on the reservoir tank within the last 2 months.
If the coolant isn't changed it turns from Blue to eventually brown,or a cola color.
I had a Kizashi come through my workshop with melted pistons because the owner had put any old coolant in and then topped it up with water thus destroying the engine.
Please all owners. Change your coolant every 60,000 klms. The book says 175,000 Klms. Super Blue is long life, but it loses its durability within 4 years. So a regular flush with distilled water and a replenishment of Suzuki Super Blue will definitely keep your Kizashi healthy and in good running order.
You can do it yourself . It's not rocket science. Make sure you tell other owners please.
SamirD

Thank you very much for the heads up. Where is your workshop located?

Suzuki super blue coolant is no longer available (or extremely rare) in the United States now. What would you suggest as a replacement? Several of us have found the Subaru blue coolant works well as well as Pentosin blue.
Speed_Racer

Just a note that the maintenance schedule specifies the first replacement interval of Super Blue coolant at 90k miles or 90 months, then fresh Super Blue every 45k miles or 45 months thereafter.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
bdleonard

All of the Japanese blue OEM coolants are the same blue coolant formulation used by Suzuki. These include:
Honda/Acura - Type 2
Mitsubishi - Super Long Life Coolant
Nissan/Infiniti -Blue Long Life
Subaru - Super Coolant
Suzuki - Super Long Life Coolant

All are sold as 1 gallon bottles of 50/50 pre-mix. Subaru and Nissan also sell 1Qt bottles of 100% anti-freeze as "concentrate" though they cost about as much as a gallon of the pre-mix. This would be the thing to use if you need to raise the mix beyond 50/50 for additional freeze protection, or if you've previously added straight water and need to get back up to 50/50

The same chemistry is available in the US aftermarket (still in a 50/50 premix) as:
Pentosin - Pentofrost A3
Beck Arnley - Extended Life Blue
Recochem OEM - Extended Life Blue (also available as concentrate)
(possibly others)

The OEM (Recochem) coolant is the only offering I've seen available in the US that sells 1 gallon bottles of 100% concentrate. Very handy if you ever do a coolant system flush, as there will be water in the system at the end of that process than cannot be completely removed.