Civic Hatchback Sport vs KIzashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
golftango

redmed wrote:
Speed_Racer wrote:Good choice! I test drove an Accord 2.0T Sport a few weeks ago and was very impressed with it. I do love they offer the stick with more than just the barebones model (just like Suzuki did for us)
A nonbarebone stick is getting very hard to find. I can't find a stick with lane assist.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Civic or Accord? Because all 2018 Accords come with Honda Sensing which includes LKAS.
Prior gen Accords did not.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Ronzuki

:? Why would you want a stick w/ lane assist? You desire to row through gears manually...yet not pay enough attention to where you are on the road and steer....seems to be a very odd combination. Unless of course you are among the countless number of those fascinated with focusing their attention on their crotches whilst driving, or, implying sarcasm.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Speed_Racer

At least for me, lane departure systems I've experienced are intrusive and pointless if you actually pay attention to the road.

But on the Accord it is packaged with their adaptive cruise control, and that's the tech I want. Having ridden in a Subaru w/ Eyesight and seen their cruise control in action...it would greatly improve the quality of my commute.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
Josefludwig

Been driving civics 2008..2011. for 6 years and just got used 2011 kiz and love it way better
Knightstruth

Josefludwig wrote:Been driving civics 2008..2011. for 6 years and just got used 2011 kiz and love it way better

Congrats on the car. The Kizashi is more compariable IMO to a base model entry level luxo-sports sedan. Today's mid-size sedans are last years full size sedans so the Kizashi really doesn't compete with these. The Acura ILX, Audi A3, and that Mercedes one are the modern take of the Kiz. A great point about the Kiz is that it is so rare.
KuroNekko

Knightstruth wrote:
Josefludwig wrote:Been driving civics 2008..2011. for 6 years and just got used 2011 kiz and love it way better

Congrats on the car. The Kizashi is more compariable IMO to a base model entry level luxo-sports sedan. Today's mid-size sedans are last years full size sedans so the Kizashi really doesn't compete with these. The Acura ILX, Audi A3, and that Mercedes one are the modern take of the Kiz. A great point about the Kiz is that it is so rare.
I've always considered the Suzuki Kizashi as a budget Acura TSX, especially as a FWD manual. The driving dynamics and comparable base powerplant made them seem pretty similar to me. Suzuki also stated that the TSX was something they carefully studied given they wanted the Kizashi to be more than a family sedan and closer to an entry-level sports sedan.

As for the ILX, A3, and the CLA, they are a bit too small to compare to the Kizashi. The Kizashi was about the size of vehicles like the TSX and BMW 3 Series for the same model years. I even just watched a review video in which they favorably compared the Kizashi's rear legroom to that of a BMW 3 Series. Where the Kizashi compares to the smaller entry-level luxury brands is the power but even then, the comparisons get hard given the newer models are turbocharged for the most part. The Kizashi's engine is also a generation older.

The Kizashi was also rare in that it offered AWD. While there are cars like the Subaru Legacy and Subaru Impreza that were AWD competitors, the Kizashi's upscale aspirations can really be seen when comparing the cars. I drove a 2011 Subaru Impreza Premium late last year. It was the top-spec trim for a manual transmission Impreza. Trust me, my 2011 Kizashi is a lot more refined than a 2011 Impreza. While a Legacy would come closer to the refinement level, it's far less interesting to drive than a Kizashi or Impreza.

At the time, and even today, I think Suzuki offered something rather unique with the Kizashi. It's just too bad many weren't interested to even check it out.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Knightstruth

KuroNekko wrote:
Knightstruth wrote:

I've always considered the Suzuki Kizashi as a budget Acura TSX, especially as a FWD manual. The driving dynamics and comparable base powerplant made them seem pretty similar to me. Suzuki also stated that the TSX was something they carefully studied given they wanted the Kizashi to be more than a family sedan and closer to an entry-level sports sedan.

As for the ILX, A3, and the CLA, they are a bit too small to compare to the Kizashi. The Kizashi was about the size of vehicles like the TSX and BMW 3 Series for the same model years. I even just watched a review video in which they favorably compared the Kizashi's rear legroom to that of a BMW 3 Series. Where the Kizashi compares to the smaller entry-level luxury brands is the power but even then, the comparisons get hard given the newer models are turbocharged for the most part. The Kizashi's engine is also a generation older.

The Kizashi was also rare in that it offered AWD. While there are cars like the Subaru Legacy and Subaru Impreza that were AWD competitors, the Kizashi's upscale aspirations can really be seen when comparing the cars. I drove a 2011 Subaru Impreza Premium late last year. It was the top-spec trim for a manual transmission Impreza. Trust me, my 2011 Kizashi is a lot more refined than a 2011 Impreza. While a Legacy would come closer to the refinement level, it's far less interesting to drive than a Kizashi or Impreza.

At the time, and even today, I think Suzuki offered something rather unique with the Kizashi. It's just too bad many weren't interested to even check it out.

I may have been off with the CLA /a3,but the ILX length is 181.9, vs the Kizashi's 183.1. For the time period the Kizashi compared favorably with the base model's of the entry level premium cars. If the Kizashi were to continue today I have no doubt they would have an engine matching today's mid-size sedans. Turbo's are the it thing many car makers are doing now. Today a suitable replacement for the Kizashi is going to be a civic type price wise and length or an entry level luxury sedan. I think a Lexus 200t or 300t now, Q50 are great alternatives to the Kizashi, especially used as the prices are more reasonable. Oh yeah the Volvo s60 is also a nice Kizashi replacement.