High beam and fog Lights?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote: The only hesitation I have to a full LED conversion (headlights aside as that's as a different topic altogether), is that when I went to the Kizashi service dealership many years ago and picked the brains there, one of the biggest problems with the car was electrical gremlins, and one of the biggest sources was LED bulbs.

Now that being said, PIAA makes fantastic products all the way around, but I never want to 'solve one problem while creating another'. There's no guarantee that any LED bulb won't create an electrical issue, and I already have to figure out the check engine, hill hold, esp error that occurs in low temperatures--which is almost definitely some sort of electrical issue.
I'm not convinced of that at all. First, it doesn't really make sense. How does lower wattage consumption in a particular circuit affect sensors in a totally different system? Second, there's really no history of electrical problems at large with the KIzashi. "Electrical gremlins" are seldom an issue with owners on this forum. If anything, the one thing people complain about regarding the electrical system are the headlight bulbs... which LED or HIDs are a solution to. If anything, I'd suspect a weak battery if warning lights come on with rough starts, especially in cold temperatures.
Lastly, my Kizashi is a prime example of how the conversion to LED bulbs don't harm the vehicle in any way. I've had my car for over 5.5 years and driven it over 68,000 miles during my ownership. The majority of that time was with most of the bulbs converted to LEDs. My Kizashi has been to a service dealer only twice; once for the blown rear shocks (covered by warranty) and the other time for a recall regarding the spider issue. It otherwise has been running on maintenance by me and alignments when necessary. For the duration I've owned it, the Kizashi has been the most reliable and problem-free car I've ever owned.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:I'm not convinced of that at all. First, it doesn't really make sense. How does lower wattage consumption in a particular circuit affect sensors in a totally different system? Second, there's really no history of electrical problems at large with the KIzashi. "Electrical gremlins" are seldom an issue with owners on this forum. If anything, the one thing people complain about regarding the electrical system are the headlight bulbs... which LED or HIDs are a solution to. If anything, I'd suspect a weak battery if warning lights come on with rough starts, especially in cold temperatures.
Lastly, my Kizashi is a prime example of how the conversion to LED bulbs don't harm the vehicle in any way. I've had my car for over 5.5 years and driven it over 68,000 miles during my ownership. The majority of that time was with most of the bulbs converted to LEDs. My Kizashi has been to a service dealer only twice; once for the blown rear shocks (covered by warranty) and the other time for a recall regarding the spider issue. It otherwise has been running on maintenance by me and alignments when necessary. For the duration I've owned it, the Kizashi has been the most reliable and problem-free car I've ever owned.
The interference was supposedly EMI/RFI and I could see that with the earlier cheaply made LED replacement lamps. But LEDs are now fully legit and probably undergo more testing than before, especially by manufacturers like PIAA.

It's your experience with your car that gives me a lot of encouragement. Your car is almost a twin of ours except being a manual and not having the kenwood, and is about the same age and mileage. And your good experiences (as well as stellar writeups) have me planning a full headlight conversion; I just never considered the other bulbs before.