High beam and fog Lights?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
supramarc

Just bought a 2013 Kisashi SE with 12K miles. I am unsure of how the lights work... low beams are very yellow and coming from the centre (DRL position), high beams from the projector only. Intersting that the fog lights can only be activated when the high beams are on - do not work with low beams???? High beams appear to be as bright as my Grand Vitara 2013 low beams. Any advice-thoughts would be appreciated. Many thanks!
BLyons

That's backwards. The high beams and DRL run off the same bulb. Low beams are the outside bulb.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Evanzo7

Something does sound amiss here. Best thing to do is have a look inside & see, previous owner could have made a mistake when changing bulbs etc.
Fogs should also work on Low Beam as well.
"If in doubt , flat out" - Colin McRae 1968 -2007
KuroNekko

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Tom Kizzie

position bulb easy to replace with normal to small hand? have to replace it these days (on the side of the battery)
kizashi 6mt black
BLyons

Probably not. I remember it being a pain to replace even when I had the housing out because it's difficult to get it back into position.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
KuroNekko

Tom Kizzie wrote:position bulb easy to replace with normal to small hand? have to replace it these days (on the side of the battery)
They are easy to remove if you take out the high beam bulbs first. However, that requires the removal of the bumper and the headlights.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2141&p=16617
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WIKizashi

Hum, the SE didn't come with factory fog lights so they may have been added by the previous owner. Maybe they screwed up some of the other wiring in the process.
bdleonard

Are you sure you're operating the lights correctly? You probably are, but just in case here are the states as best I can quickly describe them:

All lights off: Switch on stalk off, hand brake lever engaged
Marker lights only: Switch on stalk advanced one position, hand brake lever engaged
DRL only: Switch on stalk off, hand brake released
DRL + marker lights : Switch on stalk advanced one position, hand brake released
Low beam Headlights (projectors): Switch on stalk advanced 2 positions
Low beams + fogs: switch on stalk advanced 2 position, fog light button on dash engaged
High beams (low beams and fogs will turn off): push headlight stalk forward
Flash High beams: Pull headlight stalk toward you
SamirD

A lot of cars won't operate fogs in conjunction with high beams--my 95 Altima SE does the same thing.

And when the high beams are on, on the Kizashi the low beams are still on too. It's just the fogs that go out, perhaps to give enough power for the high beams.