Honda Accord Sport Kizashi Comparo

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

I personally like both. The 9th gen is clean and conservative and very much an Accord. It was evolutionary in design. The 10th gen is much more radical in many ways. They departed from the conservative sedan styling and now have a more revolutionary design for an Accord. It looks more like a "4 door coupe" given the C-pillar swoop. However, it's the trend these days that the Audi A7 seemed to start back in 2010. For example, the new Buick Regal has a very similar shape.

The Accord also now has the LED headlights that Acura had for years which allows for more dynamic front end styling. Not only that, the Accord is now using forced induction and ditched the V6. That's a big and bold move for Honda.

While I do prefer the 10th gen's looks more, I think the rear end is an odd fit compared to the front. The rear looks generic and a mash up of a Malibu and Legacy.

It's exciting to see all-new versions of cars coming out these days but a bit sad that the Kizashi won't be among them. On the plus side, I'm glad Suzuki styled it nicely so it won't look dated any time soon.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Firefly

Having moved from an AWD Kizashi to a Mazda 6, my two main observations on switching to a newer-designed, larger FWD sedan are: Improved refinement/ride, and decreased driving dynamics (i.e. fun). The difference in dimensions, and in my case, in AWD vs FWD makes for a different driving experience. Happy with the 6, just not as gutsy as the Kiz.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
Knightstruth

Firefly wrote:Having moved from an AWD Kizashi to a Mazda 6, my two main observations on switching to a newer-designed, larger FWD sedan are: Improved refinement/ride, and decreased driving dynamics (i.e. fun). The difference in dimensions, and in my case, in AWD vs FWD makes for a different driving experience. Happy with the 6, just not as gutsy as the Kiz.

I think for myself it is the difference in mainly dimensions, that lead to the Kizashi as being more fun. I drove mostly with the AWD off especially once I moved to Arizona. The Civic Hatch is more fun to drive then the accord. I agree with you though the refinement/ride is better, and as a commuter car fits my lifestyle better although not as enjoyable. The straight line speed of the accord is faster but in the twisty it just loses out.

Side note: I was testing if driving with cruise on would be more efficient and I have come to find out that I beat the computer by 4 mpg. I averaged 36.4 and 34.8 mpg which is going and coming back from work vs cruise which was 32.5 and 30 mpg.
Tom Kizzie

same here. i can easily beat fuel consumption with mini cooper,grand vitara and i think also with my kizashi but with the kizashi i use cruise a lot. I reached 12km on 1 liter now. (suzuki says 12.66 )
kizashi 6mt black
SamirD

Interesting to see what the newer Accords have evolved into. Much different than my 94 Accord with its basic look although there was a lot of aftermarket stuff available for it back inthe day from the good guys like Greddy.

I still enjoy the Kizashi quite a bit. Even recently it has surprised me when I just want to get away from the idiot Chicago drivers and just get a space for myself. A quick hold on the throttle at 6k rpms will quickly accelerate me from 80 to almost 100--quite nice to be able to do in a non-sports car that no longer exists. Even pretentious Audi drivers look to see what car just did that, lol.
ShizakiSD

I just drove a 2.0t 6MT Accord today. I definitely liked it and its one of 3 cars I am considering next (also the Volvo V60 or Alfa Romeo Giulia, but neither offer a manual). I am getting tired of the clunky front suspension in my Kizashi. lol :roll:
chazyouwin

The Honda Accord sport is truly a beautiful car. On the features listings, I am also not seeing automatic headlights on any trim level. I think in order to match content roughly for the Kizashi SLS one may need to spend $30k or more on an Accord.

My must-have features list would definitely include: (1) CVT (I know, but I like not shifting and not working about jerking); (2) remote start; (3) leather; (4) automatic lights; (5) good acceleration, cornering, and braking. At $32-35K vs. a decent used Kizashi at $10K, I'll be boring and get the Kiz. But not looking to go anywhere for now.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Knightstruth

chazyouwin wrote:The Honda Accord sport is truly a beautiful car. On the features listings, I am also not seeing automatic headlights on any trim level. I think in order to match content roughly for the Kizashi SLS one may need to spend $30k or more on an Accord.

My must-have features list would definitely include: (1) CVT (I know, but I like not shifting and not working about jerking); (2) remote start; (3) leather; (4) automatic lights; (5) good acceleration, cornering, and braking. At $32-35K vs. a decent used Kizashi at $10K, I'll be boring and get the Kiz. But not looking to go anywhere for now.
I also think it is beautiful car but...

having my accord was short lived. After owning it for 2 months I traded it in. I thought the car was gorgeous but when on the highway, over certain road surfaces there was a violent wobble. The dealer was not able to rectify the issue and I test drove another sport trim model that did the exact same thing. Lemon law unfortunately would not apply if all there models do it (they could say I just don't like the way they drive). I wasn’t going to spend this much money on a car I hate because that is what it had become. I was blessed to find a good deal on a loaded Kia Optima hybrid for under 25k. The kia was a 2017 with 7k miles which normally goes for 37k.

First my positives: loving the fuel economy in that seems whether city or highway, I’m getting in the low 40’s. Love all the tech and safety features, especially things like the folding side mirrors when locking the vehicle, then the door handle light when approaching your car. Love the pano sunroof. The vehicle has plenty of torque and this allows it to have instant response when you tap the pedal, and this allows the car to feel quick off the line. I like the Harmon Kardon 10 speaker 630 sound system, while not as much bass as the RF in the KIz, it does deliver good mids, and has good separation. I like how the interior is cohesive with the touch screen inside the dash, rather than sticking up. Love the comfortable plush ride that absorbs bumps.

I’m luke warm on: The fuel economy as hybrid is lower than others in the class. The cars looks are pretty vanilla, with the rims and their large spokes being the biggest offender. I like the front end, but the rear can look slightly off with the lights on the bumper. Not sports sedan at all when going around corners. Regenerative brakes can feel vague at times.

Dislikes: Really the infotainment system is my biggest offender. Too many redundant buttons and it is easy to get lost in the menus. Hard to figure out what to do sometimes, and the touch screen can be a pain to scroll without hitting any icons.

Overall: Arguably one of the better commuter cars out there. The ride feels smooth, the kIa accelerates from a stop briskly. The added tech allows for plenty of comfort and driver aides. With the good fuel economy the cost to own is pretty good. I would say the new camry and accord hybrids are better but you aren’t going to find their optioned out model for under 25k anytime soon. Look wise I think I like its looks better than any of the 2017 hybrids models, with only the new Accord and Camry looking better.
golftango

chazyouwin wrote:The Honda Accord sport is truly a beautiful car. On the features listings, I am also not seeing automatic headlights on any trim level. I think in order to match content roughly for the Kizashi SLS one may need to spend $30k or more on an Accord.

Auto headlamps are on all trim levels and have been since the 9th gen.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango