Honda Accord Sport Kizashi Comparo

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Knightstruth

I recently purchased an 2018 honda accord sport red. I will go over my experience with the car and a quick summary about how it compares to the Kizashi.

First I paid about 24,700 which includes a honda credit. I did end up trading my Kizashi only because the buyer fell through in that they only wanted to pay 5.2k for it when I was offering 6.3k. After some back and forth the dealer gave me 5k which I decided was enough as I wouldn’t have to wait for the prior buyer to come up with the funds needed. I had originally asked the salesman for silver and he kept showing me the steel grey metallic, then later came back and said they have no silvers but could do a dealer swap. After thinking about it I decided I wanted the steel grey. Then I came in to negotiate and then they told me they sold it but would have one at the end of the month. I was really annoyed with my salesman then decided to be risky (for me) and go red.

Exterior: The car is gorigious to look at, with its 19 inch rims. I think this is where the accord has the Kizashi beat as the accord has no bad angles, while the Kizashi is very striking in its own right but the front view is only merly good and not great. The Accord looks really upscale in the sport trim.

Interior: The accord in the sport trim does a good job of faking it with its cloth/vinyl combo, faux carbon fiber panel trim. Not a fan of the slapped on tablet look as it looks basic, but the interior is good looking otherwise. I like the Kiz more though and mine did have full leather.

Features: The sport trim comes with honda sensing suite (lane keep, collision braking, adaptive cruise control), 8 speaker audio system, dual zone climate control, push button start, power drivers seat with lumbar, android/apple smartphone integration, and metal pedal covers. Big omission: no KEYLESS ENTRY! The Kizashi fully loaded has more features (the one that matter to me at least) Seriously Honda could you have just thrown in the keyless entry.

Performance/Handling: Acceleration is smooth, and quick, it is not a monster but smooth nonetheless. Road manners are merely decnet but it can be harsh over rough surfaces. Corning is really good, and it feels planted when going through turns. The kizashi is more tossable but doesn’t feel as quick in the low end.

Fuel Economy: Do not know yet truly because haven’t finished the first tank. It is reported to be 29/35 which to me is really good if it hits those numbers.

Overall: The accord sport is an awesome car, but it is no Kizashi. The Kizashi does truly feel like a luxury car in fit/finish and feel. The kizashi is a once in a lifetime gem to me. I do really like the accord sport though and feel great about getting it in red. The biggest flaw for me about the accord I got was that no keyless entry. The accord has 5 trims and I feel the sport is the value leader of the trims. I’m always a kiz fan in the end.
Tom Kizzie

Happy to read about the pro&cons. I understand you dont know buy a another car for no reason so i was ready for reading that your new car was better en this and that. Maybe Suzuki can make the kizashi 3 concept a production car with a 6 cilinder for the states and a 4 cilinder boosterjet for europe :)
kizashi 6mt black
golftango

The 10th gen Accord’s interior is a much nicer place than the Kizashi’s. Let’s face it, the Kizashi is aging, gracefully, but it is. The Accord is quieter, quicker, smoother shifting (comparing the 6MT models) better visibility and has tons of room. Plus the added safety and technology that was lacking in the Kizashi. I haven’t drove the 1.5t yet, but the 2.0t is an absolute beast in a family sedan.

IMHO the Kizashi’s exterior styling is more attractive than the 10th gen Accord, plus I think the new Accord is homely. And the smaller Kizashi does handle a bit better with the AWD.

I think the Accord or the Mazda6 is next best logical choice when transitioning from the Kizashi. With automatic Kizashi drivers being used to CTV, the Accord is a great match as its CVT is reliable and smooth. And both can be had with a manual.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
KuroNekko

Great to see that both of you guys like your Accords. I think it has become the obvious favorite among those who want a sporty 4 door family sedan. I think the Mazda6 is also a great contender but the powertrain has been limited until recently. While Mazda is finally offering the 2.5 liter turbo from the CX-9 in the Mazda6, I've read that the turbo will be exclusively mated to the automatic transmission. This makes an even greater argument for the Accord which has two turbo engines both offered with a manual. While many say manuals are obsolete, I say the only way they are truly irrelevant is in an electrified powertrain. As long as cars have engines, manual transmissions have a place though it may be more about preference than any actual advantage these days. While the thinning of the manual trans herd is saddening, it also makes me appreciate my Kizashi even more. It's a nicely equipped Sport GTS with a 6 speed and I got it for a bargain. While new cars like the Accord are tempting, I think I'll ride out my Kizashi for many more years and then move on to something completely different like an electrified SUV.

Enjoy the Accords and post some photos!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Knightstruth

golftango wrote:The 10th gen Accord’s interior is a much nicer place than the Kizashi’s. Let’s face it, the Kizashi is aging, gracefully, but it is. The Accord is quieter, quicker, smoother shifting (comparing the 6MT models) better visibility and has tons of room. Plus the added safety and technology that was lacking in the Kizashi. I haven’t drove the 1.5t yet, but the 2.0t is an absolute beast in a family sedan.

IMHO the Kizashi’s exterior styling is more attractive than the 10th gen Accord, plus I think the new Accord is homely. And the smaller Kizashi does handle a bit better with the AWD.

I think the Accord or the Mazda6 is next best logical choice when transitioning from the Kizashi. With automatic Kizashi drivers being used to CTV, the Accord is a great match as its CVT is reliable and smooth. And both can be had with a manual.

I was interested in the Civic hatchback as my next car but when they were lined up next to each other and I kept coming back to the accord sport. Pictures don't do it justice, go see it in person. I understand looks are subject I just don't see a bad angle.

I like Kizashi's interior more because it doesn't look so basic. I also think the 19 inch rims of the sport cause it to ride a little more rough than the non-sports. The accord is great it some repects it is a step down from the Kiz, only because you would have to spend 34k to get the same level of features and then we are talking a different story.
Attachments
2018-honda-accord-sport-2-0t-red-rear-quarter-left.jpg
2018-honda-accord-sport-2-0t-red-rear-quarter-left.jpg (67.72 KiB) Viewed 7187 times
a-10_1.jpg
a-10_1.jpg (247.99 KiB) Viewed 7187 times
Woodie

The grill is awful and the wheels are too big, but other than that I agree. Quite a good looking car.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
golftango

Woodie wrote:The grill is awful and the wheels are too big, but other than that I agree. Quite a good looking car.
That’s what I’m having a hard time with, the grill and the rear end. Not being biased, but they got the 9th design down with the refresh. Minus the chrome. I still plan on wrapping the front with matte black.

2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Knightstruth

I was interested in the car exactly because of the grill and the rims. If I wanted the 9th gen I would have gotten it because I prefer used cars, but I obviously didn't. I love the aggressive look, I have gotten so many compliments some thinking it is an Acura.
Knightstruth

More pictures coming soon.
FrankoLaMoya

Thanks for the input! I thought about the Accord in 2012, but no AWD option. I don't mind the look of the new ones especially with the 19 rims, but I personally do not like the rear end and the front grill. I don't know why specifically, but it looks a little bit like a Crosstour which is not good IMO.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)