114 Days: Pt III (3rd time's a charm)

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
BLyons

When you push the button on the door, is it changing what's flashing on the center display so that you can verify it's going into the relearn mode? Also, I believe you need to push the start button twice. Not ACC mode, the next one that would actually start the car if the brake was depressed.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Woodie

SamirD posted this straight out of the service manual:
Not using SUZUKI scan tool
1. Confirm that all doors are closed and ignition mode of keyless push start system is "OFF".
2. Open driver side door.
3. Perform the following Steps a) to c) within 15 seconds after ignition mode in "ON".
a. Press driver side door switch by hand within 5 seconds after ignition mode in "ON". Keep pressing driver side door switch for 2 seconds.
b. Release driver side door switch and then press driver side door switch for 2 seconds or more by hand.
c. Release driver side door switch and then press driver side door switch for 2 - 5 seconds by hand.
4. Using recommended tool ("VT55" made by ATEQ) (1), activate each tire pressure sensor within 180 seconds. [the vt55 is $1000 and can hook up to the obd2 to do the learning directly]
Refer to instruction of recommended tool for method of activating tire pressure sensor.

NOTE:
 When tire pressure sensor is activated, ID code of tire pressure sensor is registered automatically in keyless start control module.
 If all 4 tire pressure sensor ID codes are not registered in keyless start control module within 180 seconds, perform the above steps again. Also, it is possible to check the number of tire pressure sensor ID codes received by keyless start control module by observing the flashing pattern of low tire pressure warning light.
 If registration of tire pressure sensor ID codes are not completed within 180 seconds, former ID codes remain in keyless start control module.
 When keyless start control module receives all 4 tire pressure sensor ID codes, keyless start control module turns ON low tire pressure warning light in combination meter for 5 seconds.

5. Push engine switch to change ignition mode to "OFF" after registration is completed.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
WESHOOT2

So far my TMPS hacking attempts have failed.
I have not given up.

The GTS/SLS handle better than the (my) SE.
They corner flatter, offer less understeer, and exhibit greater poise in corners.
But the SE rides smoother, has better clearance for my common roads travelled, and is significantly less jittery on broken pavement.

I also suggest their fancy wings/rockers/spoilers allow them better wind-fighting; the SE --like my first S-- blows around a lot.

We'll see what a tire change (to a 225/50 'summer') brings.......

Gas mileage has suckie-suck-sucked, but I think the Mobil premium is beginning to have its effect. Last tank 22.7MPG.
Put new wipers on it (woo-hoo!).

I like the car.

bdleonard

A rear sway bar upgrade helps noticeably with tightening up the handling on the SE, though your odds of finding one of the RRM (19mm, made for them by Progress Technology) or Whitleine (18mm, adjustable) bars these days are slim.

A set of stiffer poly or thermoplastic bushings for the rear bar (if you can find an appropriate universal set) might be worth a try. I believe that the AWD models use a 15mm rear bar. The Moog blue thermoplastic universal bushings are inexpensive, and seem to work decently, but they only list down to 16mm in their catalog. The FWD cars are supposed to have used a 16mm bar which along with some stiffer bushings might make for an easy cheap upgrade if you can find a used bar.

I'd also check the rear shocks to make sure that neither has failed.
WESHOOT2

Thanks for the tips.

I'd checked the shocks (and struts, etc) before I bought it.
Bars are still around.....
Bushings and whatnot aren't worth the effort or expense unless I'd do the work, but I ain't.

I'm actually enjoying the slightly more 'relaxed' ride, and the handling is why this is my third Kizashi -- good enough.

And if my mind goes weird, I can order up the handling junk to make it so, but frankly I consider this my bridge car as I wait for the next-gen WRX.

We'll see; I am aging :mrgreen:
WESHOOT2

Ha! It's beginning to work; last tank 25.4MPG......
WESHOOT2

Took my 'new' Kizashi dancing last night, a fav really-curvy 79 mile loop. To Ozzie.....
Reminded me why this is my third.

This one, with its softer suspension, readily allows each wheel to articulate over heaved and broken pavement, keeping the tire in contact, maintaining grip. The GTS skittered over the broken stuff.
Power seems to be building slowly, as I do MY 'break-in'.

Like the other two, 3,000RPM equals just over 100MPH 8-)

Still struggling with TPMS hack, but I never surrender. The thing that annoys me most is losing my center data display choices (but I'm glad for the no distraction eyeballin' that provides).

WESHOOT2

Still liking it plenty.
Really thankful for its increased clearance with roads being so bad.
Still breaking it in Tim-style.
Having state inspection and TPMS fix Wednesday, then comes oil/plug/filter change (limited funds; youngest daughter getting surprise-married).

Still going fast :mrgreen:

Woodie

WESHOOT2 wrote: (limited funds; youngest daughter getting surprise-married)
Okay, we won't tell her ;)
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
WESHOOT2

Still laughing........

Seriously, her beau is going Army active (from full-time Guard), and they need to be married to capture all the bennies (going to Ft Drum).

So, since his orders arrived much much sooner than anticipated, it's fair to say their schedule compressed radically.

Proud happy daddy and mommy! Wedding this Monday!
I love all my girls.