My 2nd Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
motosonic

I saw another thread on here and figured I'd add my own, instead of hijacking his!
I recently traded in my 2010 Kizashi GTS for a 2013 SLS Sport (with 48k original miles). I have been looking for quite some time for a used Kizashi with AWD and low mileage.. but for the longest time, found nothing.. Soon as I saw this new one, I had to have it. The Kizashi has been such a great car for me. Some minor issues, like the headlights and the rear shock blowing out.. but other than that it's been a wonderful car.. and I understand Suzuki plans to return to the US by 2021.. so maybe I'll get the opportunity to own another! :D
The 2010 Kizzy

The 2013 SLS Sport
LPSISRL

Sweet!
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
WESHOOT2

That seems to be one very nice example; congratulations!

ps I know how you feel 8-)
motosonic

Thank you all! It was a 1 owner car... Woman in her 60's lol barely drove it.. traded it in for a new Subaru. I had a custom search looking for these.. and it usually comes up with high mileage Kizashi... which was to be expected. But when I saw this, I made the long drive to RI to take a look. Fell in love once I saw it in person. Not in perfect shape, but pretty close. It has those wind deflectors above the windows, I'm not a big fan of those.. but I'm worried about taking them off because of the paint underneath. I don't know what I'm doing so I don't want to damage it or many it any more difficult than it needs to be.
LPSISRL

Heat them up with a hair dryer and use a soft plastic scraper (like you get for applying body filler) or fish line to loosen and remove them. Same thing you'd do to remove the stuck on Suzuki badges. Finish up by removing any adhesive residue with something like Goo-Gone or a citrus cleaner. I've found both to work well. Wash off any of the dissolver residue. Complete the removal by applying your favorite wax.
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
motosonic

LPSISRL wrote:Heat them up with a hair dryer and use a soft plastic scraper (like you get for applying body filler) or fish line to loosen and remove them. Same thing you'd do to remove the stuck on Suzuki badges. Finish up by removing any adhesive residue with something like Goo-Gone or a citrus cleaner. I've found both to work well. Wash off any of the dissolver residue. Complete the removal by applying your favorite wax.
I'll give the hair dryer a try! Thank you!
They're a little noisy when you drive and they're really hard to wash/wax around.. I've found. So, based off having the other Kizashi without them and this one with, I can't tell what benefit they provide.. Seems exactly the same.
LPSISRL

motosonic wrote:
LPSISRL wrote:Heat them up with a hair dryer and use a soft plastic scraper (like you get for applying body filler) or fish line to loosen and remove them. Same thing you'd do to remove the stuck on Suzuki badges. Finish up by removing any adhesive residue with something like Goo-Gone or a citrus cleaner. I've found both to work well. Wash off any of the dissolver residue. Complete the removal by applying your favorite wax.
They're a little noisy when you drive and they're really hard to wash/wax around.. I've found. So, based off having the other Kizashi without them and this one with, I can't tell what benefit they provide.. Seems exactly the same.
I think they are primarily designed to allow outside ventilation when it's raining. A smoker might find them useful. Or a wife who's husband likes bean burritos. :shock:
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
WESHOOT2

Funny story: That's the one I test-drove, but passed on its too-high price.
I walked out at $9,000.

It was pretty nice, though.
motosonic

LPSISRL wrote:
motosonic wrote:

I think they are primarily designed to allow outside ventilation when it's raining. A smoker might find them useful. Or a wife who's husband likes bean burritos. :shock:
ROFL
Woodie

Nice looking car, congratulations. Your trade-in is identical to mine, I wonder how much they want for it?
motosonic wrote: I understand Suzuki plans to return to the US by 2021.. so maybe I'll get the opportunity to own another! :D
That's not happening, don't get your hopes up. Most manufacturers are talking about dropping cars and only doing SUVs and trucks, Suzuki specializes in tiny cars, most of which could never be sold here.

Oh yeah, even if they did come back, they don't make the Kizashi anymore.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency