Collecting my first kizashi tomorrow

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
jcorcione

KuroNekko wrote:You have much less to worry about than us Americans and Canadians who had Suzuki leave our markets entirely. In the UK, I imagine you can easily get your Kizashi serviced at a Suzuki dealer.
As for sourcing parts, there are a number of websites that sell Kizashi parts including one that ships them from Japan where the Kizashi was made. http://www.megazip.net
That being said, as the other have already mentioned, the Kizashi is a rather reliable vehicle and isn't plagued with major issues. Most run just fine on regular maintenance.
went to this site didn't see 2013 parts. in the Midwest here in Kansas City market. :roll:
Thanks
John
2013 Kizashi Sport SLS
Pearl White
KuroNekko

jcorcione wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:You have much less to worry about than us Americans and Canadians who had Suzuki leave our markets entirely. In the UK, I imagine you can easily get your Kizashi serviced at a Suzuki dealer.
As for sourcing parts, there are a number of websites that sell Kizashi parts including one that ships them from Japan where the Kizashi was made. http://www.megazip.net
That being said, as the other have already mentioned, the Kizashi is a rather reliable vehicle and isn't plagued with major issues. Most run just fine on regular maintenance.
went to this site didn't see 2013 parts. in the Midwest here in Kansas City market. :roll:
The Kizashi is a one-generation global car. Basically, the core components are going to be the same for all model years. The differences would be in the drivetrain (CVT vs. manual, FWD vs. AWD) and slight variations based on market (i.e. Euro-spec models have features we didn't get in the US). For the kind of parts you need to keep your Kizashi running, it shouldn't matter whether you look it up for a MY 2011 or a MY 2013 as long as the drivetrain configuration is the same.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
paininthenuts

Pac398 wrote:I'm in the uk about to buy my first kazashi tomorrow auto all wheel drive. I'm a little nervous about where to find spare parts if things go wrong and costs involved. Any advise ?
Sold mine in 2015, and loved the car whilst I owned it. The great thing is that there only 500 in the country, and the are all top of the range with a CVT box. It always annoyed me that didn't have a sat nav, but you can't have everything I suppose. Also, the fuel economy isn't great, so watch the right foot. Parts shouldn't be a problem, as I think Suzuki will be able to provide anything you need, albeit the cars are very reliable anyway. The head office used to be up the road from me, which is in Milton Keynes, and all the directors used the Kizi as a company car. Enjoy the car, I did !!
SamirD

Pac398 wrote:I love this car already. Has anyone had the engine remapped/chipped to increase performance and fuel efficiency? If so was it worth doing ?
There were quite a few performance parts available for the car when it was introduced, but you can only find those parts secondhand now. Tuning the car was very tricky and only one company was doing it, although successfully.

Ultimatey, it's not even close to cost effective to mod the car for engine performance. The best thing you could do would be in terms of other small upgrades like on brakes and perfomance suspension components from Germany if you're that die hard. I just spent some good money on tires (potenza re760s) and even in stock form I can't find the horizontal limit even when taking turns at the speed limit. :mrgreen: It's just too much fun just as it is, so enjoy the reliable ride. 8-) :drive: