Driver side rear Strut leaking

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
dslatsh

Well...car made it around 70k maybe little over before started to leak..pretty good in my opinion as I read that there was some issues due to the OEM original bumper...my question is when replacing the strut here...should I go about and purchase the new revised bumper and if so...should the purchase be from Suzuki, dealer near by used to sell them and still can get parts, or should i use the "after market" bumper from KYB...I know KYB was the supplier for the OEM parts but they have a slight different look for the bump.
KIZAWDinKC

What are you talking about? I just replaced (did it myself) the rear shocks on my 2010 AWD Kizashi a month ago. The Kizashi has shocks in the REAR, struts in the FRONT. After replaceing the rears, I noticed no difference. Although years ago the "NTW Tire" technician told me that my rear shocks were leaking, after replacing I noticed no difference between the old and new shocks in rear. There are no struts in the rear of the Kizashi.
LPSISRL

Use the after market bumpers from KYB. It's the same thing. Replacing the rear shocks is an easy do-it-yourself job.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
dslatsh

...yeah figured they'd be the same...since same company just small little different designs since Suzuki would own the OEM part more. Thanks..and my bad I meant shocks...was looking at struts same time...didn't think would cause that much of an issue
KuroNekko

dslatsh wrote:...yeah figured they'd be the same...since same company just small little different designs since Suzuki would own the OEM part more. Thanks..and my bad I meant shocks...was looking at struts same time...didn't think would cause that much of an issue
LOL. How dare you use the wrong term!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KIZAWDinKC wrote:Although years ago the "NTW Tire" technician told me that my rear shocks were leaking, after replacing I noticed no difference between the old and new shocks in rear.
I would have to say then your new shocks weren't good enough to restore the original ride. A lot of aftermarket shocks/struts are stiffer than stock, but I think on the Kizashi, it may be the opposite.