Best way to get rid of a Kizashi (engine is dead!)

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
JLKenausis

I am in Western Connecticut.
My son blew the engine (long story) on his 2011 Kizashi a few days ago.

For us, it's not worth fixing.
Yeah, he's really bummed.

The CVT was replaced about 30,000 miles ago.
All 7 airbags are less than 2 years old. That's another long story, but , hey, my son walked away from a serious crash.
If I am not willing to part it out myself, is there any option better than towing it to the local junkyard?

Thanks.

Jeff
KuroNekko

If you're not willing to part it out yourself, the best bet is to sell it to someone who will. I've seen places that buy junked cars for a few to several hundred dollars for the purpose of parting them out and then recycling the rest. If it currently looks like you need to pay for someone to take it off your hands, you may want to research some people in your area who are willing to buy and haul away the junked car to part out.

That reminds me, I need to find a junkyard with a Kizashi to get a few minor parts.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

Have you disposed of this yet ? I would be very interested in it .
motosonic

I'm in CT as well and I may be interested in some parts for my 2013 Kizashi. I don't 'need' anything, per-se, but if you're going to part it out before you 'dispose' of it, there are some pieces that can come in handy for a fellow Kizzy owner. lol
SamirD

If you still have this, I would like the following parts if they're still available--both headlights, headlight covers on the back, automatic shifter knob, all 4 wheels if they're 18", jack and tools, passenger side seat controls plastic cover if we can figure out how to dismantle it just for the cover or the entire seat if the side cover is intact and the seat is black leather and power, both rear struts if it's an SLS or GTS, driver's side silver finisher piece on the front bumper, and passenger side engine undercover, front grille if it's an SLS or GLS. I think that's it for now. :mrgreen: