Hello all. Considering buying a Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
LPSISRL

I'd focus on the CVT for leverage. It's out of warranty and for this vehicle a replacement is typically like the care being totaled. If they are offering a powertrain warranty, ask them if they know how much it costs to replace the CVT. I'm NOT trying to scare you away from the car, just giving something sort solid to bargain with, namely the risk of how much a CVT failure will cost.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

Nice looking car. The hood deflector and OE mud guards are impossible to find accessories. I agree that the previous owner cared about the car... enough to obtain and install all the items he/she did. If it hasn't been wrecked at all, I'd think 5k is fair given the mileage and orphaned brand status. Play that damaged rocker trim up as a big expensive fault w/ the vehicle since parts such as that are ridiculously over priced for these cars. Since they're asking nearly 7k, might be hard to get them down, but, ya never know. If nobody's looking at it and it's been on their books a while, they may just want to get their cash back out of it and move on.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
DiggerDerrik

When my 2010 2WD Kizashi was totaled out by the insurance company with roughly 120,000 miles they valued it at $5800. So $6800 for an AWD a year newer sounds about right. Maybe a tad high.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
ACobra289

Thanks again for the responses.

There is no warranty with the car. He is a small dealer in a small town.

As for the price, I don't think he would come down much. While we didn't discuss the price on that particular car, we discussed his prices in general and I got the feeling he doesn't come off too much. He did say he would entertain reasonable offers, but he "wouldn't give it away." Just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking he would come down to $6500. He does seem like a decent guy (for a used car salesman :D ), He has a weekly radio show about cars where I think people call in and ask questions. I have never listened to it, so I don't know the exact format.

My son likes the car, but I'm hesitant considering the somewhat high price and lack of a warranty.
motosonic

I'd make the first offer at $6,000. The worst he can say is no.
When I found my latest Kizashi, the dealer thought I was going to be a pushover, lol.. but remind them of the following
1. This car.. or ANY Suzuki is not in high demand in the US. It's a hard sell and it's going to sit on his lot for a long time unless someone specifically looking for this car comes for it. This isn't a knock at the car. it's a simple fact.
2. Parts are getting rare and hard(er) to find. I'm running into this. Sure you can.. go online and find them.. but it can be tricky/costly.
3. It's got high mileage
i think if the asking price is high.. as a reference, I paid 10,500 for my 2013 SLS with 48k miles. Just this past April.
KuroNekko

I'd also say $6000 is a fair offer. He may very well say he can't do it, but it's likely that many others aren't interested in the Kizashi. If he says no, just leave your name and number and tell him to contact you if he changes his mind. I've seen this strategy work well, especially with used cars in low demand. They call within days.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

I love my Kizashi, and, I'm as big a Suzuki fan as there is, but to pay 6 grand for a 123k mile CVT propelled orphaned Suzuki (or any) car, now?...nope. 'Fair price' is all relative. Fair should the CVT puke after 20-30k miles? Sound fair then? Me, I'd offer the 5k, cash on the spot, and then leave my name and number after he laughed at me. If he calls, he calls, if he doesn't... ah well. Plenty of other used cars out there to buy. Longer it sits, the greater the chance your 5k looks pretty good. Unless of course the guy doesn't need his capital back and selling cars is a hobby.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-20 ... =208793701
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
LPSISRL

Ronzuki wrote:I love my Kizashi, and, I'm as big a Suzuki fan as there is, but to pay 6 grand for a 123k mile CVT propelled orphaned Suzuki (or any) car, now?...nope. 'Fair price' is all relative. Fair should the CVT puke after 20-30k miles? Sound fair then? Me, I'd offer the 5k, cash on the spot, and then leave my name and number after he laughed at me. If he calls, he calls, if he doesn't... ah well. Plenty of other used cars out there to buy. Longer it sits, the greater the chance your 5k looks pretty good. Unless of course the guy doesn't need his capital back and selling cars is a hobby.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-20 ... =208793701
What he said...
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
ag143145

This post has helped me alot! I am considering buying a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD. It has 91,905 miles. I have been told I should not get it because parts are hard to come by, but I really do love the car. The dealer is selling for $6,150. These suggestions and advice have helped. Should I buy?
LPSISRL

If you've read these posts carefully and done your due diligence on the CVT, I'd offer in the $5500 range. It's not an SLS so there are some features that it won't have. (leather, heated seats to name a couple)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors: