RRM Piggyback

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
jadeng97

I’ve found some topics about the piggyback but no one that’s talked about any results. I just bought one on eBay based on the little I could find about them. Does anyone have the rrm piggyback? If so what are your results?
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS i-AWD (Red)
WESHOOT2

My take is if you boost the power the CVT will blow :lol:
johnhenrydale

Interested what it would do for the manual.
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
SamirD

Definitely let us know what you discover with that. There were a lot of mods available for the Kizashi when it first came out, but they were expensive. Now that they are more rare and in much less demand, it should be very affordable to pick these up and start modding the car again--even more so since a spare 'tuning car' is even affordable. :mrgreen:
CG1

SamirD wrote:Definitely let us know what you discover with that. There were a lot of mods available for the Kizashi when it first came out, but they were expensive.
Most of what I've found for our car is junk. And the RRM guy seemed to be a goofball. They (he) never posted single data plot of the $4,000 turbo kit that was offered, or of the ECU reflash that this piggyback will facilitate. There's some old chatter on the Gencoupe forum that he rubbed a lot that crowd the wrong way as well. I called twice about their bumper, and both times he tried to sell me the shop. At any rate ..
SamirD wrote:Now that they are more rare and in much less demand, it should be very affordable to pick these up and start modding the car again--even more so since a spare 'tuning car' is even affordable. :mrgreen:
This is what I'm talking about! :P Do it!
jadeng97

I put it on Monday night. Notice a little bit of a difference right in the CVT "lag" area. Nothing major. Noticed a little bit more pickup at cruising speed. Passing on the interstate went a bit better. All the goofing around and I still averaged higher than normal MPG at 23 MPG. Going on a longer mostly highway trip this weekend so I will report back what MPG I average then.
SamirD

jadeng97 wrote:I put it on Monday night. Notice a little bit of a difference right in the CVT "lag" area. Nothing major. Noticed a little bit more pickup at cruising speed. Passing on the interstate went a bit better. All the goofing around and I still averaged higher than normal MPG at 23 MPG. Going on a longer mostly highway trip this weekend so I will report back what MPG I average then.
Nice! Sounds like some nice subtle improvements right where we needed them. If you don't mind sharing, how much did you get it for?
SamirD

CG1 wrote:Most of what I've found for our car is junk. And the RRM guy seemed to be a goofball. They (he) never posted single data plot of the $4,000 turbo kit that was offered, or of the ECU reflash that this piggyback will facilitate. There's some old chatter on the Gencoupe forum that he rubbed a lot that crowd the wrong way as well. I called twice about their bumper, and both times he tried to sell me the shop. At any rate ..

This is what I'm talking about! :P Do it!
That's the problem with a lot of one-man shops--they definitely are the personality of the owner, good and bad. I think RRM invested heavily in the Kizashi, just as Suzuki did and are left in the same position Suzuki was in. It's so sad to hear a company with such a long history with the tuning scene left in this state. :(

I'd LOVE to have a second Kizashi and if we ever save up enough cash, that's exactly what I want do get the wife--but her heart is set on a Tesla 3. :o :? :roll:
jadeng97

SamirD wrote:
jadeng97 wrote:I put it on Monday night. Notice a little bit of a difference right in the CVT "lag" area. Nothing major. Noticed a little bit more pickup at cruising speed. Passing on the interstate went a bit better. All the goofing around and I still averaged higher than normal MPG at 23 MPG. Going on a longer mostly highway trip this weekend so I will report back what MPG I average then.
Nice! Sounds like some nice subtle improvements right where we needed them. If you don't mind sharing, how much did you get it for?

I paid $175. Wouldn't say the improvement is worth the $429 RRM wants for it.
SamirD

jadeng97 wrote:
SamirD wrote:

I paid $175. Wouldn't say the improvement is worth the $429 RRM wants for it.
Thank you. Would you say it's worth the $175 you paid? Assuming there's no problems because of it down the road.