Suzuki Kizashi Touring 2012 Vs Volkswagen Golf R Turbo

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
TheOriginal

I just bought my Kizashi, its my first car (Age 20) and i love it. Feels like pure power. Ive heard some stories that it has a 5.5 second 0-100kms acceleration. Is that true? Also a friend of mine has a Golf R and he wants a friendly race. Do you reckon my Kizashi has a chance?
Thanks to all the Kizashi lovers out there.
Im a huge Fan!
Kizashi For Ever!
WESHOOT2

Are you familiar with the term "slaughter"?
golftango

TheOriginal wrote:I just bought my Kizashi, its my first car (Age 20) and i love it. Feels like pure power. Ive heard some stories that it has a 5.5 second 0-100kms acceleration. Is that true?
Kizashi For Ever!
Pure power will turn into pure embarrassment.

And no, the Kizashi has no chance of a 0-60 5.5 time unless modded with a turbo kit or something.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Tom Kizzie

new golf R with about 310hp does 4.6 seconds. kizashi 7.8 (8.8 for automatic)
kizashi 6mt black
KuroNekko

I hate to join the pessimism but the reality is that you'll need a Suzuki with only two wheels (as in a motorcycle) to beat out a Golf R or even a GTI in performance. Keep in mind that the Kizashi isn't a performance vehicle but more a family sedan with budding sports sedan aspirations, but only in the handling department. The engine and transmission available are nothing remarkable and even a Toyota Camry with a V6 will absolutely nuke a Kizashi in straight-line performance. That being said, your buddy's Golf R will likely spend more time in the shop than your Kizashi.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
n8dogg

KuroNekko wrote:That being said, your buddy's Golf R will likely spend more time in the shop than your Kizashi.
True. My previous vehicle was a GTI...will never own a VW again! I'm on my 3rd Japanese car now (Kizashi, Toyota Sienna, Nissan Armada), and I find that they've all be superior to anything else I've owned.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
TheOriginal

Thanks for all your replies, Its been of great help as i am still new to the car world.
Do you guys have any performance related suggestions that i can do on the Kizashi?
Once again, Thanks a lot for the replies.
Ronzuki

Good fuel (or fuel additives) and excellent handling tires...that's about it. Anything else remotely available is just smoke-n-mirrors.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
TheOriginal

Thanks a lot! Much Appreciated!
WESHOOT2

I switched to very light-weight 17" wheels and slightly lighter-than-stock tires. I found the significant weight loss at each corner enhanced acceleration (and handling and braking).