Dash Lights

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
bmihalcin

I have a 2010 Kizashi GTS FWD. In the past week, dash lights indicating "Service Engine", Hill Hold Disable" and "Service ESP". My local Suzuki dealer that's still in business checked it out and reset the lights. They indicated that they might come back on. If they do, it would need to have the ECM or throttle position sensor replaced. Has anyone had this happen and was it the ECM or the sensor?
Thanks!
KuroNekko

When exactly did the lights come on? While driving? Starting the car?
These three warnings commonly come on after the battery gets weak and fails to start the car properly.
What's the condition of your battery?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bmihalcin

The lights come on during start-up the last couple of really cold days. The battery seems to have enough energy to turn the car over, but I also think it's time to test the battery. Thanks!
LPSISRL

Interesting coincidence. On Sunday I cleaned my PCV valve and checked my MAF sensor. (mass air flow) The MAF sensor is just past the air cleaner sitting right on top of the intake tube. It looked fine and I've read that you can make things worse by cleaning it improperly so I left it alone. I buttoned it all back up and backed it into the garage. On Monday morning I started it up and got the EXACT same 3 errors. Knowing I just cleaned the PCV and I figured it was related and not serious. I started driving to work anyway but the engine would slow and stall when coming to a stop light. Turned around and went home and put a ODBII code checker on it to check the codes. It had two but at the moment I can't recall them exactly. However one of them had to do with the MAF sensor. Went out to the garage and BINGO. The MAF sensor was not plugged back on properly. Plugged it back in, cleared the codes and it's been fine ever since.

So I'd try re-seating the MAF connector before anything else. At least it's a place to start.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

bmihalcin wrote:I have a 2010 Kizashi GTS FWD. In the past week, dash lights indicating "Service Engine", Hill Hold Disable" and "Service ESP". My local Suzuki dealer that's still in business checked it out and reset the lights.
If I'm not mistaking, that's a very similar HUD gremlin I had before I replaced my battery (5+ years ago) and haven't seen since. Someone had asked "what gremlins" in another battery related post, and this post served as a reminder.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bmihalcin

Other than these lights, the car runs flawlessly with no hesitation, rough running or stalling. I'm going to start with a battery and go from there.
SRN

Resurrecting this old thread. A week ago my 2012 GTS Sport 6MT threw the CEL and ESP Service Light. It was after a particularly cold (9*F overnight) and snowy day that these first appeared. Aside from the traction control being disabled, the car runs normally.

Ran the codes, and got P0101: Mass or Volume Air Flow "A" Circuit Range / Performance Difference between measured MAF and estimated MAF is out of specified range for 7 sec.

I had been running a K&N, but it was still running the factory oiling. But knowing that K&N's can toast modern MAF's, I just replaced the MAF with a new one and put in a WIX filter then cleared the codes.

Two days later, the CEL and ESP Service lights came back on. This time I tested the battery and alternator, both good. Battery is an Optima Red Top that was installed in May. I cleaned the terminals and reconnected everything for good measure and cleared the codes again.

Two days later codes popped again. This time I checked the voltage on the A1 and A3 circuits of the MAF to make sure that they had battery voltage; which they did. I cleaned all the connections and lightly applied dialectic grease; cleared codes.

Two days later (today) they popped again. At this point I'm going to have to start going further down stream. The DTC indicates that I have to check circuits on the C01 and E01 connectors. But I wanted to post up here to see if anyone else has encountered this much trouble with these codes and what they've done to clear it.
1986 Suzuki Samurai JX (Tintop)
1990 Mazda Miata
1994 Isuzu Trooper
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport (6MT)
old tech

If you are getting the same code as before you changed the maf then most likely you have a bit too much resistance with the ground for the maf. I would have first suggested cleaning (spray clean only) original asm. Then if that failed to fix problem , watch this circuit on the scan tool if you have access . If it doesnt reveal anything then try a known good original one if you can. I find it hard to trust aftermarket copy parts sometimes. This should be the same part as the 2010-13 sx4
SRN

old tech wrote:If you are getting the same code as before you changed the maf then most likely you have a bit too much resistance with the ground for the maf. I would have first suggested cleaning (spray clean only) original asm. Then if that failed to fix problem , watch this circuit on the scan tool if you have access . If it doesnt reveal anything then try a known good original one if you can. I find it hard to trust aftermarket copy parts sometimes. This should be the same part as the 2010-13 sx4
Good thoughts. I still have the original MAF, I'll clean it up and plug it back in and see if it makes any difference.
1986 Suzuki Samurai JX (Tintop)
1990 Mazda Miata
1994 Isuzu Trooper
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport (6MT)